All James - Go West Young Man!!!! :prof:

What is the best long weekend for James to come out West and ride the Dez!!!

• Labor Day Weekend - Too hot! :naughty:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Halloween weekend in late October?

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Thanksgiving Weekend?

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • New Years?

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other - post your suggested date in the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanksgiving works for me! We normally go out from Tues - Sat in Spangler.

Oh Yeah, and I have a hat for that!!!:banana:

TGhat.jpg

Halloween is dry n dusty every where. Thanksgiving is crowded every where and usually dusty. New years is not as crowded for sure but cold. MLK or Prez day are good cuz it has rained by then and not too many people out there. Easter week is the best time due to warm days and not too cold nite, the dez is in bloom, and fewer people. OW and Spangler are two different deserts. OW is low dez and Spangler hi dez. Two very different things. I like the hi dez myself. Flying in depends upon what you are gonna do when you get here. Rent a car, get picked up by someone and hang with them, etc? Bako is less than 2hr drive to Spangler. I too have a loaner bike, KTM300.

James (TWS) not the admin. and I have arranged and done a TT (blasphemy) trip the last 2 years at Spangler. Sounds like it is time for a change to a DBA trip.:prof::thumb: It is a good week because it is a short week (almost everybody has Thurs and Friday off) not too cold yet, and just a great place to ride and camp for a decent size group.:banana::ride:
Man you might have to make the drive this year. Change of pace for you.Hope the other guy's will think about it too.

Dont' go starting this crap. You need to drive a little farther, and come down to Ocotillo Wells for TG. It will be shorts weather, and we won't have to worry about Painted Gorge closing. I know it's a little far, but I think you'd have a great time.:prof:
This is a must.

+2 or 3 for Turkey Day. I like Spangler too :P. OW would be one long ass haul for me.:prof:

You never leave the football Field anyways. :P

:prof: Due tell, try 2,000 miles :bonk:

Looking at my schedule, Thanksgiving week might work the best for me. Fly out Wed. Nov. 24 that way I'd be there for the 25th. What would be the best airport to fly in?

This is all providing Rack still has a bike for me. :hail:

Nice that Rack has a bike for You !:thumb: You need to come out for the week. We have places for you to sleep. :rolleyes: Don't worry.:devil: Were not leaving the dez to Pick you up or drop your ass off at the Airport!:smirk:

This year I PROMISE i will get down to Ocotillo. How bout New Years for this?

No! Thanks Giving !

Painted Gorge is on the top of my list for next season. The problem is it's closed as of January 1st, every year. It would be nice to do it on a Tuesday of TG week, since my New Year trips are shorter, and lately, more eventful.:busted:
Very true :thumb:

ocotillo wells thanksgiving is one of the biggest! people start going out a week in advance just to get a good spot to camp and they have tons of places to camp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Pkgmc3GdY

Big Holidays aren't what they used to be. The economy has cut it way down.:thumb:

Been there. But everywhere is like that on a big weekend. The secret, is to not ride the park. There are plenty of spots to ride, and you'll never see anyone, until you're camp inbound. We do it all the time.:devil:

Poach dat Shit !:devil:

If you flew into bako i could pick you up on the way. You could sleep here.
luxury-pet-carrier-11.jpg
:lol:

James thats an offer you just couldn't refuse:lol: Rack where do you camp in spangler?? Or is it that close to your house you just go home at night??:devil: I think it is closer to me than OW if i'm not mistaking.:banana:
but i'm down for it all

James thats an offer you just couldn't refuse:lol: Rack where do you camp in spangler?? Or is it that close to your house you just go home at night??:devil: I think it is closer to me than OW if i'm not mistaking.:banana:
but i'm down for it all

The Football Field in Spangler is 236 miles from my house and Prospectors Camp is just a little further.