is this a scammer?

ok so i got 2 emails about my bike on c-list but they seem scamish. heres what they said.

1st email:
Re: 2004 CRF80F, great father-son progect - $500 (West Union, WV)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:17 PM

"Gehrmann Hunsinger" <gehrmannm@hotmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
pimpmaster1997@yahoo.com

pimpmaster1997@yahoo.com,

Yes, i'm genuinely interested and want to go pick it up from you but how do i know you're not a crook? Not to be ridiculous but recently i got beat up and robbed from a man i met from clist while buying tools from him! I eventually found out he was a criminal and I have to be extra cautious. Actually, i ran your name on below background verification webpage and you seem unsafe. If you don't trust me, run your name yourself and see. My name comes up clean but does yours? Let's talk business after you confirm you're legit and safe to meet!

areyousafe .org

2nd from diff email and first name but same last name: Flag this messageRe: 2004 CRF80F, great father-son progect - $500 (West Union, WV)

Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:43 AM

"Bodak Hunsinger" <bodakggk@hotmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
pimpmaster1997@yahoo.com

Howdys, I found your cl ad and enjoyed what I saw. I genuinely need it! Would you like to trade? I used to sell new well-known electronics but had to close down my store due to personal health issues. I am moving very soon so I have to get them gone asap. Following things are up for trades and you can choose any 2: iPad, Apple MacBook Pro (13.3''), gift cards, etc. Since there are countless bots, I uploaded photos of them on the following site:

goodswapping .org

It doesn't cost anything to signup so come check them out. Whatever you see on the main page is whatever I have listed for trading. Here's very important part - make sure to click on "bid now" button below the items you like so you can reserve it and importantly, so I'll know you are a real person and seriously interested. I think it costs like $0.01 to place a bid to protect against scammers. Please don't waste my time if you can't even do this, especially since I will be losing a lot of money. All of these goods were quite expensive as you know. I hope I'm clear. If your stuff is already sold, do you have anything else we can trade? My bad for this long email. After you place the bid, you will be able to access my personal info. so call me! Let's trade!

1st is dumb coz im 13 i wont show up on back ground site, and how does he know my name? i did not put it in my ad. 2nd is dumb coz if hes sick how will he ride a dirt bike?

He may be looking up your email, you can do that and often other people stuff will show up(making you look shady)

Also "pimpmaster" is well.... a lil less than a professional looking email bud, sounds shady.

PS- the 2nd guys a popular processed pork product. don't respond.

dont mess with him.. or that site... delete and block ... hes a spammer... i woudlnt mess with it... if he dont feel comfortable to come look at it hes a pussy and dont need a dirt bike anyways... hes all a scam

I agree, don't bother with them. To prove it send them an email back. Scammers won't respond unless it has something to do to work WITH them. If you don't tell them that your clean and want to make a deal they won't even send back.

You were hit by two scammers. But really, "pimpmaster?" Change that shit to something a little more less gay and you should be ok. I would hit on pimpmaster just to screw with you.....:P

First clue it was a scammer? Too Wordy. Most people come back with looks clean, whats the hours, what is the bottom line on price, send more pictures, etc. Not going into their life issues. DO NOT RESPOND!!!

Second - "PIMPDADDY"! even at 10, that was stupid. Your mom should come in your room and smack the shat out of you for degrading her like that. Your dad needs to take your Internet privileges away and drop kick you for being a dumbazz.

CDA Out - Carry On!

I agree with everyone else, on both topics. Everytime I sell something on CL, I get those scammers, move on and wait for a real reply. I'll end it there "Pimpdaddy". :smirk:

James

Staff member
The first thing that should tip you off is that they have nothing to do with what you listed. Notice how they never actually refer to what you listed? Well that's because these are canned messages.

BTW - NEVER post your actual email address or phone number, CL has a pass-through email that you can use.

First clue it was a scammer? Too Wordy. Most people come back with looks clean, whats the hours, what is the bottom line on price, send more pictures, etc. Not going into their life issues. DO NOT RESPOND!!!

Second - "PIMPDADDY"! even at 10, that was stupid. Your mom should come in your room and smack the shat out of you for degrading her like that. Your dad needs to take your Internet privileges away and drop kick you for being a dumbazz.

CDA Out - Carry On!

Quit being so nice CDA, really, tell him how you feel!

I mean there's no since in beating around the bush..let him have it.

Go on already, stop pulling punches.

Is there anything you want to get out there, just say it now!

:smirk:

CDA Out - Carry On!

It's not pimpdaddy, its pimp master DUH! Anyway, who cares.