Is this a good deal

I found this bike but not being too smart on blue bikes of this size I was wondering if this seems like a good deal. I found this ad and was wondering. If it is a good deal it probably wont last long.

2004 Yamaha WR250F - 3 hours! - $3200 (Santa Ana)

This is what the ad says----

2004 Yamaha WR250F -- 66 miles (3 hours), the original owner prior to me only put 45 miles on it (older guys who bought it to ride with his buddies and then they stopped and got sand rails, so it sat in his garage) so obviously i have only added 21 - Yes hard to believe, as it was for me when I bought the bike from him; but it all holds up - just see the bike for yourself! I have ridden the bike once in Big Bear since the purchase and am moving on to another bike.

Upgraded to RG3 suspension (still have stock springs)
GYT-R Exhaust insert (still have stock insert)
Trail Tech Endurance computer (new)
MSR grip lever set, blue (new)
Pro-Grip 791 triple density grips, blue/gray (new)
O'neal Racing Rear Fender Bag (new)
Acerbis Spider Evolution front disc guard, blue (new)
Acerbis Rally Pro hand guards, black
Factory Effex Brake Reservoir Kit, blue (new)
Devol Aluminum Skid Plate (new)

The original owner (from Irvine) upgraded bike's suspension to RG3 and the front springs were taken down 1 inch to bring the bike a bit lower (I have the original springs) as he was on the short side and also had it jetted to YZ specs. The reason I am selling the bike is that I have purchased a 2011 Husqvarna 310TE and no longer have a need for this bike. It is in pristine condition as if it should be sitting on the showroom floor. There are still nibs on the tires (they are still that unused) The bike is stickered until June 2013.

Aside from the RG3 suspension, I have put many little upgrades on this bike after my first ride on it, but never got the chance to use it with them as I jumped on a good deal on another bike. My sacrifice is your gain! If you wear a Medium helmet, I also have a once used 'One Racing' blue/white helmet (included with sale) that matches the bike, I no longer have need of as my new color scheme is red.

If that is for little squid and he can tippy toe the ground than jump on it with a slightly lower offer that makes you and him feal good about the deal.:thinking:

My boy rides the same bike. We lowered it with a lowering link for about 6 months. Now he is 5'8" and it is raised to stock height.

James

Staff member
Don't have anything to say about the bike, however don't buy his USED helmet no matter how cheap it is (even free). For all we know he (accidentally) dropped it and it's now junk. :bonk:

is it a green sticker? many of the Yam were not cuz they didnt submit the papers to the state. Seems very top dollar for an almost 8 yr old bike.
This is what I was thinking too about the price. Not sure about the green sticker either. Need to look into it further. Thanks.

Seems high, as it's not even the aluminum frame yet. The steel frame is alot easier to work on, but Im thinking $2000 to $2500 would be a closer to reality price.:noidea:

No, its not worth it. A dealer would charge 2800 around here. 3200 for a 7 YEAR OLD BIKE isn't right at all, no matter how many rides it had. Top dollar I'd pay is 2200, just saying not telling! :noidea:

is it a green sticker? many of the Yam were not cuz they didnt submit the papers to the state. Seems very top dollar for an almost 8 yr old bike.

This is what I was thinking too about the price. Not sure about the green sticker either. Need to look into it further. Thanks.

Since I don't follow 2 strokes I don't know how accurate this is however I inquired about the green sticker/2 stroke deal...the guy at the shop said no green stickers for 2 strokes newer than a 2002...:noidea:

This bike happens to be a 4 stroke. I try to stay away from the smokers.
Since I don't follow 2 strokes I don't know how accurate this is however I inquired about the green sticker/2 stroke deal...the guy at the shop said no green stickers for 2 strokes newer than a 2002...:noidea: