Is Seal Mate worth it?

Once a seal leaks, its basically done. I have made the seal cleaning tools, they clean a little out, but don't fix the issue. Time to pull the forks out, open them up and change the seals/oil and any bushings that are worn out. You're welcome.
Through my own experiences this can be untrue. My seals leaked terribly, I completely disassembled my forks, the seals still felt soft when I removed them unfortunately they were loaded with oiled down dirt. I cleaned both seals and to my surprise they still looked brand new, no nicks or cuts in the rubber, genuine suzuki seals. I had replacement suzuki seals all ready to be put in, but out of curiosity i put the old seals back in and my forks have yet to leak.

Appearances can be deceiving, but you do need to disassemble your forks, don't use the cleaning tool because in the condition you and I ride in they do not work, picture film or thin plastic. Take the time and go though your forks, you need very basic tools and a minimal amount of oil to do so. Make sure you have a yamaha service manual before hand, and have new seals on hand when doing the job. Not everyone is so lucky.

Through my own experiences this can be untrue. My seals leaked terribly, I completely disassembled my forks, the seals still felt soft when I removed them unfortunately they were loaded with oiled down dirt. I cleaned both seals and to my surprise they still looked brand new, no nicks or cuts in the rubber, genuine suzuki seals. I had replacement suzuki seals all ready to be put in, but out of curiosity i put the old seals back in and my forks have yet to leak.

Appearances can be deceiving, but you do need to disassemble your forks, don't use the cleaning tool because in the condition you and I ride in they do not work, picture film or thin plastic. Take the time and go though your forks, you need very basic tools and a minimal amount of oil to do so. Make sure you have a yamaha service manual before hand, and have new seals on hand when doing the job. Not everyone is so lucky.
I cleaned them with my version of seal mate about a week ago and they have held up for 3 days of riding so far :)

Seal savers are $15. You can get the seal saver brand which slips over the forks, or you can get the dirt skin seal savers which velcro on. Either way they keep dirt out and keep your seals nice and clean. I have had them for about two years and haven't had a leak, im gonna see how long the seals can go. Just replace the oil after a season or two and you are good to go

SRAD97750

Staff member
Seal savers are $15. You can get the seal saver brand which slips over the forks, or you can get the dirt skin seal savers which velcro on. Either way they keep dirt out and keep your seals nice and clean. I have had them for about two years and haven't had a leak, im gonna see how long the seals can go. Just replace the oil after a season or two and you are good to go
On my list for the rebuild! A great product! -BIG DAN:thumb: