WA Is EVERYONE scared of snow?

If the only issue was snow I'd ride, but minimal daylight, ice and frigid temperatures are what keep me on the couch from November till April.
Bingo.
Of course I remember doing it though. Its okay when you're young, you move easier and you're more flexible.
But when you pull a groin muscle slipping on the ice trying to get a leg over, you start to ask yourself if its worth it, coming in injured from the conditions and not the ride itself?
Then that sore spot in your lower back reminds you that there is a warm, safe couch and a burrito and a beer waiting inside and they start to sound pretty good...

Last edited:
Bingo.
Of course I remember doing it though. Its okay when you're young, you move easier and you're more flexible.
But when you pull a groin muscle slipping on the ice trying to get a leg over, you start to ask yourself if its worth it, coming in injured from the conditions and not the ride itself?
Then that sore spot in your lower back reminds you that there is a warm, safe couch and a burrito and a beer waiting inside and they start to sound pretty good...

Yep, however what I'm most worried about is the daylight, getting into trouble as the 4 1/2 hours of daylight is going away can be a life changing event, especially if it's one of the colder days.

yeah, scares me to death. (steve needs to get out more on that daylight thing). how do you feel about ice Dive? ride on it? (dive under it?)