Internet Radio

I'm sure some of you know about this but I thought I would share with the ones that don't.

This great for people that have unlimited data on your cell phones. You can download the Pandora app for free and create your style/Genre radio stations. I plug it into my truck like the mp3 input and listen to music..It is not completely commercial free but way, way less than standard radio and neither is XM or Sirius either anymore.

James

Staff member
I'm sure some of you know about this but I thought I would share with the ones that don't.

This great for people that have unlimited data on your cell phones. You can download the Pandora app for free and create your style/Genre radio stations. I plug it into my truck like the mp3 input and listen to music..It is not completely commercial free but way, way less than standard radio and neither is XM or Sirius either anymore.
:thumb: That's one of my favorite apps, I like how it will "learn" your music taste.

:thumb: That's one of my favorite apps, I like how it will "learn" your music taste.

Yeah, I haven't played with that much but if a song comes on and you don't like it you can hit :thumbs down: on it. It also has the explicit lyrics to so no radio edit.

try last.fm its better. you can also add friends and listen to music types they listen too...

http://www.last.fm/user/Travace

ohh and BTW all the serious stations i listen to do not have commercials... occasionally a dj comes on and talks about somethi0ng or another for a min but no real commercials

I just canned XM Satellite we are not renewing it this year. Damn near $400 for two cars with Howard Stern.

I need to look into last fm and pandora.

whats wrong with regular radio?...:noidea:
Internet radio is like satellite radio, in that you get to choose what you want to listen to, and can hear the same thing from one coast to the other if you choose. But internet radio is taking advantage of the explosion of mobile devices such as iPhones and 'Droids, iPads and Galaxy Tabs. The potential market there is huge beyond belief.

Internet radio is like satellite radio, in that you get to choose what you want to listen to, and can hear the same thing from one coast to the other if you choose. But internet radio is taking advantage of the explosion of mobile devices such as iPhones and 'Droids, iPads and Galaxy Tabs. The potential market there is huge beyond belief.

lol... thats just wasted money to me I guess. I was once a huge music freak but never understood the need to constantly switch stations because there was a song on you didn't like... etc etc... oh well to each their own.

But it's not just music. It's all formats of radio, just like satellite is. And unlike satellite, at least for now, there's no subscription fees, you just download an app. And for now, its still in it's infancy, I'm sure as it develops, since it's internet, there may be all sorts of interactive features that develop as well.

One of my favorite apps is the Pandora one. :rocker:
I used to listen to Pandora a lot, but they've been pissin' me off lately. If I type in a song to listen to, I don't want to listen to 11 "similar" songs first before I get to hear the one I wanted in the first place. :gibbs: