Insurance in USA ^^

Well as a few of you may know I stated that I might want to come back to the states, coming from germany where the Health insurance is amazing I would like to get some ideas of what I would be looking at. Im looking for a health insurance in TN which would cover MX ^^. I know theres deductables and stuff. Say 500$ I would have to pay or so if anything happens. What price range would I be looking at and how hard is it to actaully get a decent insurace :D. Im 22 and no known sicknesses yet, no smoking/alcohol :D Im a good boy ^^

James

Staff member
Well as a few of you may know I stated that I might want to come back to the states, coming from germany where the Health insurance is amazing I would like to get some ideas of what I would be looking at. Im looking for a health insurance in TN which would cover MX ^^. I know theres deductables and stuff. Say 500$ I would have to pay or so if anything happens. What price range would I be looking at and how hard is it to actaully get a decent insurace :D. Im 22 and no known sicknesses yet, no smoking/alcohol :D Im a good boy ^^
I'm a mid 20's non-smoking male and I pay ~230 a month with a $2500 deductible, however mine isn't a run-of-the-mill plan. (No network, copay, or coinsurance)

I'd suggest checking this out.
http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/individual-health-insurance

Good luck with that.
You will need a basic health insurance policy as far as I know and that would be in the area of around $500. On top of that if you race, you will need a supplemental extreme sport coverage if you want to get paid.... James will be able to tell you more about the Insurance end of it since he has been specializing in dealing with the insurance companies the last few years.. :smirk:

James

Staff member
Good luck with that.
You will need a basic health insurance policy as far as I know and that would be in the area of around $500. On top of that if you race, you will need a supplemental extreme sport coverage if you want to get paid....
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield still pays out if you race, even if it's professionally (or so they claimed when I asked them).
James will be able to tell you more about the Insurance end of it since he has been specializing in dealing with the insurance companies the last few years.. :smirk:
Actually I don't ever remember talking to them in the 6 years I've been with them, other than when I asked about the riding/racing thing. Heck I even bought it online without speaking to anyone. I just give the doc, ER, ortho, etc my insurance card and it's handled. :thumb: They've paid for 4 surgeries and a few ER visits, among other things. :smirk: :bonk:

For example that time I ate it in the whoops and had to be transported ~20 miles as I was in the middle of no where (Michigan)... Well the ambulance service was a private one that couldn't take payments from Anthem or something. So about a month later I get a letter from Anthem saying that they couldn't pay the ambulance service as they were out of network, however here's a check for ~$1,000 to cover the bill they'll be sending you. :hail:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield still pays out if you race, even if it's professionally (or so they claimed when I asked them).

Actually I don't ever remember talking to them in the 6 years I've been with them, other than when I asked about the riding/racing thing. Heck I even bought it online without speaking to anyone. I just give the doc, ER, ortho, etc my insurance card and it's handled. :thumb: They've paid for 4 surgeries and a few ER visits, among other things. :smirk: :bonk:

For example that time I ate it in the whoops and had to be transported ~20 miles as I was in the middle of no where (Michigan)... Well the ambulance service was a private one that couldn't take payments from Anthem or something. So about a month later I get a letter from Anthem saying that they couldn't pay the ambulance service as they were out of network, however here's a check for ~$1,000 to cover the bill they'll be sending you. :hail:

I vaguely remember this conversation... and I checked into Anthem .... No dice for Joisey

Thanks for the info, looking at blue cross blue shield would be around 200$ a month (with dental) and a 1000$ deductable, going to mail them about how it is with mx and so :).

James

Staff member
Thanks for the info, looking at blue cross blue shield would be around 200$ a month (with dental) and a 1000$ deductable, going to mail them about how it is with mx and so :).
How much does the dental add and how much less is your premium if you got to the next highest deductible?

Sean, my mom has me through GEHA at a 10% payoff. So basically my recent medical bills were give or take 40K and we had to pay 4k, but I wouldn't recommend them. What I was getting to is Aflac carries broken bone insurance and pay you a check for a fracture and to cover ambulance costs ( but you can spend it on whatever you want). I got a couple thousand dollars about a week or two after I was released. I highly recommend Aflac

How much does the dental add and how much less is your premium if you got to the next highest deductible?

Heya, The next best would be with a $1500 Deductable, Coin% is 20% (same as one with 1000 Deductable).
Cost for the 1500 is 172,02§
The 1000$ is 181,29

Dental is 26,50 ^^

Sean, my mom has me through GEHA at a 10% payoff. So basically my recent medical bills were give or take 40K and we had to pay 4k, but I wouldn't recommend them. What I was getting to is Aflac carries broken bone insurance and pay you a check for a fracture and to cover ambulance costs ( but you can spend it on whatever you want). I got a couple thousand dollars about a week or two after I was released. I highly recommend Aflac

Shaun you spell it SHAUN xD Just messin :P I also have some kind of bone insurance where I get a set amount if I break anything :). Great idea though :P

Shaun you spell it SHAUN xD Just messin :P I also have some kind of bone insurance where I get a set amount if I break anything :). Great idea though :P
I HIGHLY recommend not letting it go! 2 weeks after I was release my dog got sick and almost died of infection and my check paid his 1200$ vet bill and got my mom new kitchen supplies and me a bike rebuild after our tax return covered my hospital stay :thumb:

James

Staff member
I HIGHLY recommend not letting it go! 2 weeks after I was release my dog got sick and almost died of infection and my check paid his 1200$ vet bill and got my mom new kitchen supplies and me a bike rebuild after our tax return covered my hospital stay :thumb:
Aflac isn't cheap though...

Plus it's not health insurance. I'd much rather get a better insurance plan that has a lower out of pocket limit.