Info

Has anyone here ever installed radiant barrier in thier attic. I live in South Texas and looking for some ideas to cut the electric bill in the summer. I seen contractors offering to install radiant barrier for upwards of $1,500. :doh: Although it seems it can be a DIY project too. Anyone tried it? If so... notice any difference? Thanks in advance.

James

Staff member
Are you talking about something like this? Click Here And Here And no I haven't tried anything like that. It does sound like a good idea though, but how many months/years will it take to get your investment back?

It works pretty good along with R 30 on the attic floor and proper attic ventalation. It is not a fix all by it's. self. Dual pain windows are more of a plus. The radiant barrier is easy to install. Stay 2 ft away from the top plate/wall and 1ft away from the ridges on both sides and cut out around your vents.It comes in sizes according to your rafter span.

I've herd good things about it and can install some for you for the low price of.......how much you got???:smirk:

Are you talking about something like this? Click Here And Here And no I haven't tried anything like that. It does sound like a good idea though, but how many months/years will it take to get your investment back?

Yeah! that Stuff>:thumb:

The stuff I seen @ HD was not the foil kind.