Inception

I did the good son thing (as all should do!) this weekend and drove my mom around and took care of things for her. (She's 81) It was like an inferno outside, insufferably hot! I fixed her car in the am, but was just sweating bullets in 95F heat. I took her to lunch and suggested we go see a movie. We went to see "Inception".

Hands down, this is one of the TOP 5 movies I've ever seen! :banana: It's the best movie I've seen in the last 10 years or more! It's that good! (James, to put that in perspective, in the last 10 years, you might have counted "Shreck" as being in your top 5, because you didn't see ten yet! :lol::P)

Peeps! Go see this movie! If you like to THINK about what's happening on the screen rather than just watch it happen, this is the movie for you! You can't leave the theater to take a leak, or you just pissed the whole movie away. I bought popcorn and a drink and I didn't touch it! It would be too distracting.

It is super-cool! My 81 year old mom and I discussed what the hell we just saw for over an hour after getting out of the theater!

If you don't pay attention to every facet of the film, you won't get it. Start to finish! You'll walk away thinking that was just "OK".

The movie is mentally challenging! Really challenging! I think too much for the average public! You have to put 2 and 2 together while you get 2 more. All the time!

It's cool to take 12+ up kids to...there was not a curse word to be heard. No T&A. No splat and kill violence. There is a TON of ACTION, but it's like James Bond stuff...cool, but not gory!

Special effects are first rate, but they take a backseat to the story. Now, when's the last time you heard that about a movie?

See it! I'm buying it when it comes out because it's just way too cool!:banana:

James

Staff member
Thanks for the review Buck, I've been considering watching it as I do like "makes you think" movies. I know this is like comparing apples to oranges, but is it anything like The Matrix?

:lol: and no Shreck isn't in my top 100. So of my favorite "thinking" movies are; The Matrix, Lucky Number Sleven (didn't get most of it until the second time watching), and more that I can't think of right now. All time favorite movies would have to be Black Hawk Down, Green Zone, Saving Private Ryan, the Bourne series, Band of Bothers series, and many more like it.

Thanks for the review Buck, I've been considering watching it as I do like "makes you think" movies. I know this is like comparing apples to oranges, but is it anything like The Matrix?

:lol: and no Shreck isn't in my top 100. So of my favorite "thinking" movies are; The Matrix, Lucky Number Sleven (didn't get most of it until the second time watching), and more that I can't think of right now. All time favorite movies would have to be Black Hawk Down, Green Zone, Saving Private Ryan, the Bourne series, Band of Bothers series, and many more like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJ6cxWdZwA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSX7LaFtwIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30EeGDiI7MA

How about Shudder Island? If you haven't seen it...it's not a spookey movie, just a thriller and at the end you're definately left wondering ...WTF!!!!!! :thinking: