250 Im Stumped With 99 KX250

I was riding one day and it suddenly lost spark. I have since changed the coil and plug and rode it for like 10 mins. After 10 or so mins it died again, checked spark and it still had spark. I gave her a little starting fluid and then threw the plug back in, kicked and it acted like it didnt have spark. So I am at a stand still. Any ideas?

SRAD97750

Staff member
If you have spark and nothing else has changed, sounds like a fueling issue.
I would clean the carburetor and verify it's getting fresh fuel. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Seems to me we just rebuilt that carb. It shouldn’t be all gummed up already. How fresh is the top end and compression?
the issue sounds electrical (spark,no spark) strip a bit of plug boot wire back and check your ground and kill switch.

I just rebuilt the carb, it has fresh gas, and has spark. But it will not start even and starting fluid. I am just completely stuck, fuel air and spark makes a boom. But the is no boom. The ground is good as well

Trying to figure out where these valves are on this 2 stroke....:noidea:
dump gas, clean tank, filter in tank, clean carb, jets, etc. Put new gas and plug in. What was the condition of the plug when it stopped running.? Dark, wet, etc...

Was thinking kx 250 f , just a dumass

THE ENTIRE STORY: I felt the carb could be use a cleaning. The rebuild kit came in and I completely rebuilt the carb, the kit i got had a fatter main jet then what was in. I put it in anyways. Took it out to the farm to tune it up, realized it had a crack inner clutch cover, got that fixed. Now its back to tuning, got it tuned good and rode for like total of 1.5 hours and it cut off and wouldn't spark. Now I put a new coil and plug in it and got running good for about a hour of idling, then went for ride around the neighbor hood and died after about a 1.3 mile trip. Now it still has spark, but it wont start even after spraying some starting fluid in the cylinder. I have went rounds with this bike and I am starting to loose hope. BTW.... its got good compression about 185pds. Here is a video clip if the spark jumping from the plug to the block. https://imgur.com/3VAImyr I cant figure out wtf is going on. Also test the kill button, it is functioning correctly. @CDA @2Wheels @bweighmaster @SRAD97750