Gas Gas idle??

how do ye like ye'r bikes to idle or not idle and why?? I'v read that to get the full potential of your bike from 0 and up your bike shouldn't idle..it makes sense to me but I still like my bike to idle a bit..

Making your bike idle is personal preference. I prefer that my 2 stroke bike be able to idle for prolonged periods. That way I dont have to sit there and mess with it while its warming up. I typically finish getting dressed while its warming up. On the off chance that you happen to lay it down while riding it will normally keep running. Which is good and bad depending on who you talk to. But if its still running I just grab the clutch pick it up and keep moving. Then I dont have to start it again.

As for getting more out of the bike from Zero throttle to wide open throttle. I dont see how there is any advantage either way performance wise. The only thing I can think of that would not be good about allowing your 2 stroke bike to be able to idle for prolonged periods is if its not jetted correctly it could foul your plug. But you'd really have to let it idle a very long time for that to happen.

I like my bike to idle also it suits me..This is the post form another tread on another forum well part of the post that had me thinking. . A lot of you will disagree with me on this but some of you know why.I never jet a bike to idle.Maybe a death cough or 2 but when I chop the throttle that baby is shutting down.For me that works the best.The bike is fully utilizing its 3 technically 4 jetting circuits if you count slide cutaway and critical as it may be cancel air scew.I say that because it isn't a set jetting.The bike will pull harder off the bottom it will truly shut down for corners.It wull have no over rev that is trying to carry you just a little farther into that corner then you wanted.The same bike that. you hear roaring around the track or out in the woods with that instantly on and back off sound is not the same backcthats gonna be going ding a ding ding ping cough ding sittin at an idle.Or worse it dors that so guy just raises slide and needle to fix it.Right their imo you've lost the battle.If you eant a bike that pulls off the bottom hard that's where you gotta start.Sorry a bit long a I already know.[

Man alive I thought Scotts where hard to understand while speaking. Text is equally as hard. As long as it works for you. I say go with it. I like my bike to remain running while going round a corner. Keep the clutch pulled in bring the rev's up as you enter the apex of the turn. Dump the clutch and zing your rocketing down the next straight stretch. As I said its all personal preference. I dont like it when my bike quits running especially in a corner that I want to exit quickly. Ive had bikes do that to me in the passed and when you dump the clutch to get it running the back wheel locks up which slows the bike untill it grabs and then the bike coughs back to life. It just seems slow to me.

But like I mentioned. If if works for you. Go with it. I must share with you I too am a stubborn Scott also.

Oh brother, here we go again!
My bike will idle if I brought the idle up a little, I don't let it idle for prolonged periods of time because it depends on air flow across the radiators to keep cool, and I have never heard a benefit to allowing a 2 stroke to idle all day long. I am already dressed when I fire up my 2T bike, a 2T does not need to be warmed up as much as a 4T. So it is a personal preference.
Thats all I am going to add to this thread.

Hey ASS. He was referring more to performance reasons. And my reasons is because I can leave to ride straight from my house. So :P...... I like to finish my coffee, put my roost guard, helmet etc. While its warming up. Typically only a couple of minutes at most. Now pull your panties out of your crack and carry on.

Hey ASS. He was referring more to performance reasons. And my reasons is because I can leave to ride straight from my house. So :P...... I like to finish my coffee, put my roost guard, helmet etc. While its warming up. Typically only a couple of minutes at most. Now pull your panties out of your crack and carry on.

I read the posts, so lick my nads.
Hey, I got something for you in my pocket, hold on while I pull it out..

Here you go..... :finger:

:smirk:

Are you suggesting pal as in?
Because if I call you my pal it means:

P= personal
A= Ass
L= Licker
:wave:

Idle, smidle, one of my damn YZ 250 bikes is having tap out problems.

Palmer im getting worried about u lol every time u enter a tread it usually evolves ass licking, vasiline, and touching your toes kinda thing :P

I believe you started it buddy boy! :wave:

Palmer im getting worried about u lol every time u enter a tread it usually evolves ass licking, vasiline, and touching your toes kinda thing :P

Spooly, you need not worry about me, I am heterosexual, married, and in love with the same woman for over 27 years. :hug:

But my buddy boy 2smoke, he is homophobic, and I have heard he gives good head. :noidea:

Clap it up funny boy, clap it up...

Sorry spooly, I'll stay out of your threads and keep my opinion and experiences to myself. Carry on kids.... :D