Idaho back country Mining Ride

awesome report!!!!! i sure luv LOTS of pix, and that would be so fun exploring all those old buildings

woot! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaiiniiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr BeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Hey Bryce, Did you cut off Hwy 55 at Cascade or McCall heading to Yellow Pine? Need to take my Parents on a tour and looked like a nice area. I tow a 25 foot box trailer, will I have any problems on the road in? I see it's about 40 miles of dirt. Sure did enjoy your report----Thanks.

Dee

Hey Bryce, Did you cut off Hwy 55 at Cascade or McCall heading to Yellow Pine? Need to take my Parents on a tour and looked like a nice area. I tow a 25 foot box trailer, will I have any problems on the road in? I see it's about 40 miles of dirt. Sure did enjoy your report----Thanks.

Dee

Hey Dee. We turned off 55 at Cascade. (Don't take your trailer in the McCall way):naughty: You won't have any problem going in the Cascade route as long as you have a good truck to pull the steep hills on the pavement part. Then its 25 miles of dirt to Yellow Pine. If you want to go into Big Creek its another 15. Its awesome up there and lots of riding can be done.:thumb: Not sure what you guys are riding but from Yellow Pine you could ride to Stibnite, Cinnabar, Thunder Mountain, Roosevelt Lake, Riener Lake, Big Creek, up Smith creek, Within a mile of Rainbow lake, Trapper Flat and a ton more. Let me know if you need any directions or anything. :thumb:

Thanks Bryce. Might take you up on the directions. We are riding WR450's, my parents just got new ATV's so mostly looking to get them in some nice country and I love searching out the old mines. Thanks for info on trailer, we pull with a 1 ton Duramax with a camper on the back and a 25 foot box trailer for the toys. I will give you a shout when we get back. We are in Tucson, Az. this weekend for a wedding and next weekend to St. Anthony for a little dune hopping. Hoping for Yellow Pine in about 2-3 weeks.