I want to buy my first bike

Hey I'm new to this forum I've been researching and looking into bikes I know I want a dirt bike.
I'm 5'11 and want a beginner dirtbike that I can learn on and learn how to do wheelies on.
Ive seen of the Honda CRF50 but judging from photos they look pretty small

Anyone have any recommendations my price range is under 1000, I'm ok with an old bike, and know this wont be able to buy the best bike out.

I plan on taking it to local trails and riding it around my town, none of my friends have dirtbikes we all want to get one but have no idea how to get involved into them, I can somewhat wheelie bikes, and drive a manual transmission car if that makes any difference in a bike

I've seen the yz125 and they look great would that bike be good for my height?

It is pretty much a new ball game, the adage don't try too much too soon is definitely appropriate. i love my yz125's. it isnt the best trail bike, and especially not for beginners. you are plenty tall enough for it. it will be a town with very lenient traffic laws if you can ride it in town. xr250, kx200/220, ttr225 or 230, tt250 all good choices too and you wont outgrow them for trail any too soon. a decent suzuki rmx 250 or yamaha wr250 two stroke would work for you too. if you are shopping in the 1000 k range start showing us what is avail on craigslist in your area and we can go from there. Suzuki dr's are great 1st bikes too. 250,350 and drz400's. (the DRZ's are likely too new to be in your price range though.

It is pretty much a new ball game, the adage don't try too much too soon is definitely appropriate. i love my yz125's. it isnt the best trail bike, and especially not for beginners. you are plenty tall enough for it. it will be a town with very lenient traffic laws if you can ride it in town. xr250, kx200/220, ttr225 or 230, tt250 all good choices too and you wont outgrow them for trail any too soon. a decent suzuki rmx 250 or yamaha wr250 two stroke would work for you too. if you are shopping in the 1000 k range start showing us what is avail on craigslist in your area and we can go from there. Suzuki dr's are great 1st bikes too. 250,350 and drz400's. (the DRZ's are likely too new to be in your price range though.

There's a poorly rebuilt kx80 with bearing retainer plate screws about to fall out for sale at top dollar on here somewhere.

Hey I'm new to this forum I've been researching and looking into bikes I know I want a dirt bike.
I'm 5'11 and want a beginner dirtbike that I can learn on and learn how to do wheelies on.
Ive seen of the Honda CRF50 but judging from photos they look pretty small

Anyone have any recommendations my price range is under 1000, I'm ok with an old bike, and know this wont be able to buy the best bike out.

It's hard to find a bike in sound shape for that price, but if you go old enough you have a better chance.....if you can find them the old kdx's whether 175,200,220 or 250, they started building them from 1980 to 2006, and are quite possibly the best play/trail bikes made. They were reliable and easy to ride, but I'd say if you see anything your curious about, post it up here and you'll get some good advice.

Welcome to DBA Chris.

First off, welcome to the forum! It sounds like the perfect bike for you would be a KDX 200. It's a bike that you may never outgrow! Oh and, if you buy a 50 cc anything, I hope it's mint, from the 70's and you are hanging it in your living room as art. You're welcome in advance.

First off, welcome to the forum! It sounds like the perfect bike for you would be a KDX 200. It's a bike that you may never outgrow! Oh and, if you buy a 50 cc anything, I hope it's mint, from the 70's and you are hanging it in your living room as art. You're welcome in advance.

I guess frozen minds think alike

It is an old law, passed in the 60's if I recall that nj would no longer allow new york to dump garbage there or if the stuff they were dumping offshore ever washed up on jersey shores that ny would be fined. I always thought that it was strange that they had to pass a law to keep it from happening.

It is an old law, passed in the 60's if I recall that nj would no longer allow new york to dump garbage there or if the stuff they were dumping offshore ever washed up on jersey shores that ny would be fined. I always thought that it was strange that they had to pass a law to keep it from happening.

Not that NY state as a whole is bad but native New Yorkers like from the 5 boroughs are the biggest pieces of shit on earth. They walk around like their shit don't stink, live like trash and have no problem treating other people like filth. The people who move to Manhattan however are what make the town and the money. Everyone else in NYC can die.