I want a new(er) bike

I don't remember the exact wording of the announcement. It was something like all of the non current Husky bikes would loose part support. That means no parts period. As in it would suck to own one. I'm sure that coffee can provide more details. All I know is I would be worried if I had a Husky.

When i was at Malcolm Smith the last few times I had looked at the bikes (all of them...:smirk:) since I was there and as usual, they have serious support from KTM and nothing in way of (at that time) bikes...I asked how they were in regards to parts,,,hersaid it was pretty slow getting anything from the factory. I'd love to stick with the brand BUT!!!!!!!

Hey one important thing I forgot about.

BMW has announced that they are discontinuing part support for all old Husky models. I don't exactly know, but it would royally suck to buy a few year old bike and find that there are no parts available.

I'm sure that coffee can provide more details.

It was a false rumor started by a dealer, who was either confused or otherwise out of the loop. The parts availability has not changed at all, in fact it is much better than it was 18 months ago.

If you find a knowledgeable dealer of almost any brand, they will get parts for you. If you try to get parts from a less than knowledgeable person working at a bike shop, which is far more typical for the larger brands, you will get frustrated quite quickly.

It was a false rumor started by a dealer, who was either confused or otherwise out of the loop. The parts availability has not changed at all, in fact it is much better than it was 18 months ago.

If you find a knowledgeable dealer of almost any brand, they will get parts for you. If you try to get parts from a less than knowledgeable person working at a bike shop, which is far more typical for the larger brands, you will get frustrated quite quickly.

You are right on there...I live probably 10 miles from MS and 25 from George at Uptite...The last time I was at Georges he told me he gets a lotof customers who buy their bikes from MS find out about their poor service (lack on knowledge, etc) and look him up! The small "mom n' pop" shops are the best anyways...:thumb:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/2010880254.html

Rez,
This is the thinning of the heard I dont like! :cry:

I just picked up this guys/gals TE250 and this 510 is a great bike and great price. I would have picked up both and resold the 510 if I had the squish. You can not go wrong with a bike this well maintained and little mile. He needs to sell, so the bike is WAY under market value. Good Christian honest people that have to get ride of thing do to the economy. I rolled the 250 away yesterday and his wife had gator tears in her eyes because she loved her bike and riding. I called George before I left and asked what to look for, He said at that price get them.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/2010880254.html

Rez,
This is the thinning of the heard I dont like! :cry:

I just picked up this guys/gals TE250 and this 510 is a great bike and great price. I would have picked up both and resold the 510 if I had the squish. You can not go wrong with a bike this well maintained and little mile. He needs to sell, so the bike is WAY under market value. Good Christian honest people that have to get ride of thing do to the economy. I rolled the 250 away yesterday and his wife had gator tears in her eyes because she loved her bike and riding. I called George before I left and asked what to look for, He said at that price get them.
Wow that is a pretty nicely priced 510. That is really temping right there.

Wow that is a pretty nicely priced 510. That is really temping right there.

Go take a look CDA. I have a d/s ride to take you on before the snow falls up here. No on second thought let's wait til the snow falls and then we will get Mooney to go with us :devil:

Go take a look CDA. I have a d/s ride to take you on before the snow falls up here. No on second thought let's wait til the snow falls and then we will get Mooney to go with us :devil:
I'll have to chew on that one. I just spent a few dollars at the shop over the weekend so...:thinking: I almost made a trip out to my local Kaboom dealer and dropped some coin on a 2011 530, but held up.......For now.

I'll have to chew on that one. I just spent a few dollars at the shop over the weekend so...:thinking: I almost made a trip out to my local Kaboom dealer and dropped some coin on a 2011 530, but held up.......For now.

What did you buy, colorful gear?

I have enough gear I thinkg for awhile. I picked up a GPR damper so the bike will not get head shakes in the wind while sitting on the stand at camp....

Did you get it installed? I had to install one for those top of 2nd gear rides I do.

Did you get it installed? I had to install one for those top of 2nd gear rides I do.
Ordered it up, will be here Thursday and I will install it. I am going back and ordering a few other protection items, because I told my wife that there is a guy that might be pushing bikes off their stands, so I need some extra protection for the scooter...

Ordered it up, will be here Thursday and I will install it. I am going back and ordering a few other protection items, because I told my wife that there is a guy that might be pushing bikes off their stands, so I need some extra protection for the scooter...

Handguards could be important :devil: for those tip overs off the stand.

Just got a warning on that other forum for posting this. Seems I forgot about the rules! "F" them, I am done! :foul:

Nice highjack you two. LOL
Go post this over there......

DBA.gif