Amatuer i need help!!!!! MX AMA HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPP

im so confused about this mx bull crap, im hoping to race at tomahawk mx but i need some help with the class stuff, so they have ahrma and mdra whats the difference. also any other info that may be helpful would be greatly appriceated. man im in over my head.

Contact Tomahawk.... if thats the only place you plan on racing then they may only require a ama card... other than that your local district card. I think you were district 5, but Yentzers pretty much rule that so you'll need an MDRA card... but ask Tomahawk 1st... they'll steer ya in the right direction

No wonder your fu*ked up. MDRA stands for midwest dirt racing assoitation for out west. AHRMA is vintage bike racing. Do you need an AMA for your track? If you do, get one, then show up race day with a parent and your gear and bike and sign up for schoolboy C class. They will need to see your AMA card if so, and your parents will have to sign off for you. Thats it, easy as that. Allthough, how much track experiance do you have? This is what I say, 6mo. to learn the track life, 6mo. to get the right feel for the jumps and stuff, and 6 mo. to get fast. Then you race like a pro.

No wonder your fu*ked up. MDRA stands for midwest dirt racing assoitation for out west. AHRMA is vintage bike racing. Do you need an AMA for your track? If you do, get one, then show up race day with a parent and your gear and bike and sign up for schoolboy C class. They will need to see your AMA card if so, and your parents will have to sign off for you. Thats it, easy as that. Allthough, how much track experiance do you have? This is what I say, 6mo. to learn the track life, 6mo. to get the right feel for the jumps and stuff, and 6 mo. to get fast. Then you race like a pro.

im so f-ed up because tomahawks site is so uninformative. yes its AMA and requires an AMA card that im getting next month. i thought ahrma was vintage but wasent sure, tomahawks site says i will need an mdra card to race mdra races and that you can buy them at sign-up at the track.i think i got it all figured out now thanks yamadogyz. oh btw i have no track experiance, i think there is 1 or 2 practices before the first mdra race. iv been thinking about just racing at pyramid valley its not ama, but its closer to where i live and if i like it i can race at tamahawk next year.

Dude,
You don't want to do an MDRA race to start racing.... Lots of competition and stacked gates. Most of which ends up at LL regionals... If Pyramid is closer and requires less then I would go there and start... I would also put atleast 5 really hard and fast practices in before doing a 1st race. Don't be discouraged either... My 1st race in 82 I came in last.... I was run over by 40 other bikes! :smirk:
Good luck...

Dude,
You don't want to do an MDRA race to start racing.... Lots of competition and stacked gates. Most of which ends up at LL regionals... If Pyramid is closer and requires less then I would go there and start... I would also put atleast 5 really hard and fast practices in before doing a 1st race. Don't be discouraged either... My 1st race in 82 I came in last.... I was run over by 40 other bikes! :smirk:
Good luck...

ill probly get smoked where ever i race, i probly will race at pyramid valley, there are very few ppl that rae there i think in the 85cc 13-15 the most that ever raced at one time was 7 kids, and schoolboy was like 12 so the worst i could do would be 8th or 13th depending on what i do with the rm85 vs. cr125 thing

You really need to get in as much track experiance as you can before you start racing. Otherwise it could turn out really bad. Do you have anywhere you can go to get in some practice before hand, I mean those kids have been doing it awhile and live for track, this is your first time. You should look into some indoor practice tracks and hit a few of those over the winter too. Check out Big Horn Indoor MX, they are down by Columbus, anything else in ohio will be to far away. Ram Jam is in Lorain, although Its expensive, dirty and has bad lighting. NEMX is on the Penn boarder, never been there but I hear the ventalation sucks. On of the girls on here said it was so bad she threw up.

You really need to get in as much track experiance as you can before you start racing. Otherwise it could turn out really bad. Do you have anywhere you can go to get in some practice before hand, I mean those kids have been doing it awhile and live for track, this is your first time. You should look into some indoor practice tracks and hit a few of those over the winter too. Check out Big Horn Indoor MX, they are down by Columbus, anything else in ohio will be to far away. Ram Jam is in Lorain, although Its expensive, dirty and has bad lighting. NEMX is on the Penn boarder, never been there but I hear the ventalation sucks. On of the girls on here said it was so bad she threw up.

im probly gonna skipthe first few races and just go to practices (just watch races), i cant afford to go anywhere in ohio, i was gonna save up somemoney so i could come up and ride with you once this summerand thats it for mx in ohio. ill just have to practice all i can.