I hate Handle bars!

Guys I just put new 1-1/8" pro-tapers on my wife bike. Low and behold second trip out she is screwing off and puts the bike down. The freaken bars are bent! I'm so pissed! Not at her but at the freaken bars! She didn't even crash that hard. Can you straighten those bars or just trash them? The 1-1/8 bars I buy to replace I think will be renthal (Warrentied against bending) Unless you wise people give me another route!

James

Staff member
I've heard of putting rubber inserts into the bar mounts (Mostly for vibration), not sure if this would help with impacts though. Think of it as what the safer barriers do in NASCAR, were they let the guard rails move just a tad when you hit it. Not sure if the same concept would apply here. :noidea:

Asking if you purchased cheep bars. The ones you posted are good, I have them also on two of my Hondas. Must have hit just right/wrong and they tweaked. That sucks, Warranty?

Good luck!

I've got pro tapers on all three of my bikes. I've launched them, looped them, slammed them into and over more whoops than my knees care to remember, slammed into G-outs, cased jumps, flown upside down into rocks, destroyed radiators, ignition covers, clutch covers, plastic, chains, sprockets, more plastic, swing arms, chain guides, break pedals, more plastic, levers, torn air filters, ripped seats, broken battery mounts, broken bones, ripped pants, ripped visors off of helmets, eaten dust, dirt, puke, buggers & blood...BUT I have NEVER bent my bars...

I've got pro tapers on all three of my bikes. I've launched them, looped them, slammed them into and over more whoops than my knees care to remember, slammed into G-outs, cased jumps, flown upside down into rocks, destroyed radiators, ignition covers, clutch covers, plastic, chains, sprockets, more plastic, swing arms, chain guides, break pedals, more plastic, levers, torn air filters, ripped seats, broken battery mounts, broken bones, ripped pants, ripped visors off of helmets, eaten dust, dirt, puke, buggers & blood...BUT I have NEVER bent my bars...

Plus one on this. ^^^ I rock Renthals but my son has ProTapers on both of his bikes - he crashes hard - lots of busted up stuff but, never a tweaked handle bar.:prof:

Yeah they are bent a 1/4 inch.:cry: I took them off and laid them flat on the concrete then measured each handle end. The right one (Where she hit) is a 1/4" off. Just enough to cause issues riding. I bought these cause I haven't had any problem on my other two bikes with them.....Okay and I was too cheap to buy the Guarnteed bars. Guess now its going to cost me more huh :rolleyes: I'm just trying to figure out what bars I need to run.:thinking:

Another vote for the protapers ive kicked the crap out of them and they are doin great. I hear the twinwalls are awesome as well i have just never purchased them.

i run the rental twin walls.... most amazing bars i have ever had! only time i bent the twin walls was when i hit false neutral and the bike landed directly on the left end, and the bars were still in usable condition.:banana: