250 I am a YZ Whore-der

Well, it happened again. A fresh 2006 YZ250 with my estimation has less than 100 hours on it came into my eye site and I couldn't pass it up.
Even though I have a 2014 YZ250F on the bench getting a case transplant, new crank, main bearings, 270 piston (even tho the existing only has 30hrs on it), cam chain, etc. etc. Still contemplating keeping the GYTR head for my 17 WR250F I have plated at the AZ house if I ever get to live there. We shall see..

So, this 06 is mint, going to go through the suspenders first, then new tires/tubes, fluids, and get it ready for desert season.
Extras on it: Moose radiator braces, rear disc shark fin, FMF full exhaust w/USFS TC, CF P3 chamber guard, Acerbis rotor guard, Rental bars, single finger and dual finger pull clutch levers, blue axle blocks, Ricochet glide plate, full renthal drive, and a few extra parts. Super tight, fires right up. Kid knew of me when I said I lived in Silverado, oh, you are the guy that rebuilds these things, YZ DOC right?

Kid said he had it for 2 years and took it out about 5 times and couldn't get use to the power, thinks he needs a 4 stroke, or stick to water sports.

Shit, I cant disagree. I'm still trying to get used to the power of my 06.

After the ride in the mountains 2 weeks ago, I'll be surprised if I make it 2 laps at the track next time. Pretty sure my 250F bud smelled my clutch at the top of that ridiculous rock-climb that day...

You'll grow into it. They are a lovely bike to have regardless of desert, mountain or track. Of course I prefer a new situation every 1/4 mile rather than straight, rhythm, step up, table, double, rhythm, straight, double, repeat. That to me is just boring. If I can do 12-20 miles of different terra, and even hit it the next weekend, that is just damn awesome.

You'll grow into it. They are a lovely bike to have regardless of desert, mountain or track. Of course I prefer a new situation every 1/4 mile rather than straight, rhythm, step up, table, double, rhythm, straight, double, repeat. That to me is just boring. If I can do 12-20 miles of different terra, and even hit it the next weekend, that is just damn awesome.

Love my MX but if I can get some really fast single track then I will do that.