250 I am a YZ Whore-der

If you have aluminum I think it is the way to go, if you want that colored. My son offers to do any of mine for the product used. On steel the only thing that makes it worth it to me is that someone else is doing it.

I painted a frame in the fleet. PITA to do, and the aircraft stripper still needed to be manipulated all over the place. Hand off, let it get blasted, coated, baked and they always look good enough for me. Going to be beat up again but the PC is a better product than the rattle can.

I can't find much of an advantage other than I like to have someone else do the work . Aluminum on the other hand doesn't hold paint well. Even the aircraft paint wont stick as well and it sets you back even more money. I don't think I mentioned "rattle cans". places like Napa can put the best they have in those for you though. when talking about a gloss white I can squirt 8 bucks of the urethane I use on the tanks over half that in primer and get close enough to factory. and whether I could afford better ir not, its as far as I am going to go on a thirty year old rider. Restorations get what the factory sent. That is why they are called restorations to some of us I guess. nice part about it all is everyone gets to set their own priorities.

and I thought my buddy was, we simply refer to his yz250's by #'s, he's on #3. Buys them for 1k, rides them till he finds a better one, parts out the old one. His house is yz250 grave yard

and I thought my buddy was, we simply refer to his yz250's by #'s, he's on #3. Buys them for 1k, rides them till he finds a better one, parts out the old one. His house is yz250 grave yard
That is an obamanation to the YZ. NEVER create a grave yard when they are so easy, and inexpensive to make new. I'm ashamed of him.
Black powder coat frame, yellow tank, wide bars lightning bolts on the front plate.
No, yellow frame, black swing arm, black hubs/spokes, yellow plastics, black/yellow/white graphics, black and yellow ribbed seat.

Every time i see one that still has the stock pipe my heart skips a beat, even though it could come from anywhere. It just makes me think that the guy probably didnt let a butcher into it and maybe tuned it by the manual and was totally happy. STOCK IS HOT!!

mmmm now you have me wanting one. then i can crack it open and have parts everywhere .. and then my bench can look even more like like yours I already have the same damn bearing grease grip rite fasteners impact driver and stiff ass carb vent hoses and a bunch of gaskets I never used .. Im SET!