Husky Solo Ride

Hey ASS HOLE, you've got friends that don't give a shit if you need to wrench on a bike during a ride. Every time FTT goes, there is wrenching. How about we do it soon? I'm in for the next three weeks before I head back to Prescott for another week stay. Joe has been tickling my ear with a ride.

So lets see, 3 more and I come back as...... A new member?

*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****​
This thread has tons of pics of my new look Yamaha, if you don't like blue, turn away.​

As most of you know, my scooter received a lot of love over the off season(Yes, I said off season CDA, Timo doesn't like the trees) and finishing up right when it cooled down was perfect. I went solo since I wasn't sure if I'd be mostly wrenching, or riding. With temps forecast to be in the 80's, a dawn patrol wasn't needed, so I slept in, drove to the Dez, and was KSU at a little after 7:00.

New shoes in the dirt before sun up.:devil:

View attachment 18008

I put the Yamaha decal too high, but I'm sure the creosote will take care of that problem.
View attachment 18009
The 3.1 IMS tank requires YZ plastic, and good luck finding WR graphics to fit a YZ, so these cheapy Flu's were bought off Ebay, and a little scissor work was applied. Not perfect, but good enough. :noidea:
View attachment 18010

New larger radiators that was a pain to get to fit in the existing guards.
View attachment 18011

New everything out back. I'm anxious to see how well the Renthal holds up.
View attachment 18014

There was more squish spent here, then what was spent to buy BH's 250, including DMV fees.:picard:
View attachment 18015

I thought about spray painting the EBC's black, but I guess a little red is okay.:smirk:
View attachment 18016

One ride with Trav, and I'm sure the disc guard will be as scarred as the swing arm.
View attachment 18017

I had to work pretty hard to get Moto Hose to fit also. Another half inch sure would have been nice.
View attachment 18019

The new 100 ounce bladder, and the flag that was bought for the Husky two years ago. Maybe this trip will be different.
View attachment 18020

It's going to be a good season.
View attachment 18021

The first causality of the ride was before it even started.
View attachment 18022

TBC......
I am sooooo jealous.:thumb:

Cool ride Timo. I'm planning on at least one ride from my garage to the Husky with a food and more importantly beer stop in Randsburg. Nothing like a 300 mile day ride on a dirt bike.