How to prep my Dirt bike for the dunes?

Dune riding is riding a bike on the pipe all day. It will abuse your motor over time. Once in awhile is not bad. My son rode a YZ250F in the dunes years ago at Dumont. It was alright. We did not run paddles. I was on a YZ250 and we just lowered the air pressure. We had no problems running the dunes that way.

Prep wise, like JimYZ said either get another chain or run yours if it allows to move the wheel back far enough. Also do not run tacky chain lube, it will just collect the sand. I cleaned my chain really good before hand and lubed it with WD40 and wiped it down to get off the excess. Sand gets every where.

I hope you are not going to the dunes soon as it is blazing down there. Also I would recomend running some race fuel for higher octane, this will allow the motor to run cooler.

Have fun and post pics of your ride after.:ride:

I would pay really close attention to the fuel recommendation. I did lots of riding way back on the dunes at pismo and detonation was a consideration for every bike there even with the leaded fuel we had for the day. two stroke and 4 strokes before them. next up for the two strokes was running enough oil to spin at the top of the rpm range for long periods. this was tougher than most roadraces.