RM250 How to lower my dirt bike!

So i just bought a killer 2001Suzuki rm 250 2Stroke my first bike, phew it's scary quick, so i cleaned the carb changed the plug and it runs like a top just hell to kick start x-x foot is killing me, i'm a weakling:D any ways! It's just to damn tall for me! Would there be a way to lower the seat like 3-4 inches, could i adjust the dog bones, or shocks? Also it came with spare shorter dog bones, would that lower it? Also would i need to replace anything to put shorter dog bones on it? Any help is hugely appreciated! Dirt bike noob here!

SRAD97750

Staff member
So i just bought a killer 2001Suzuki rm 250 2Stroke my first bike, phew it's scary quick, so i cleaned the carb changed the plug and it runs like a top just hell to kick start x-x foot is killing me, i'm a weakling:D any ways! It's just to damn tall for me! Would there be a way to lower the seat like 3-4 inches, could i adjust the dog bones, or shocks? Also it came with spare shorter dog bones, would that lower it? Also would i need to replace anything to put shorter dog bones on it? Any help is hugely appreciated! Dirt bike noob here!
The shorter links will change both the ride height and rear ratio. The only way to know how much, is to try it out! -BIG DAN:thumb:

It's actually fine, adjusted the sag some, and after riding it it's just goona take some getting used to, done blew the rear brake line xD pinned it in fifth to see how fast it goes, went atleast i'd say 75, and stop sign was coming up quickly and i pressed to much and blew the brake line lol.

I guess it is better that you know now about the brakeline. a good one is not going to "blow" no matter how hard you press the pedal. I would suggest a manual and some time spent going over all the things it says to check. Save some money up for what is either an inevitabililty or eventuality.