How to bring the shine back?

So since my bike is currently down as I wait for the new parts to come in (today hopefully!) I planned to get my pipe restored. But after looking around, I see that having them restored mainly consist of getting the dents out. My pipe is in good shape still but its ugly! Its an Fmf Gnarly pipe and my lack of washing my bike has taken it's toll. The exterior of the pipe is dirty with some rust spots now :( Any tips on the best way to clean the exterior of the pipe without damaging it?

Non-scratch scotch brite pads and Simple Green. That is what I use on my FMF Pipe...Here is a pic of my FMF pipe that is 9 years old.
View attachment 6595
Yes but I think this fellow actually rides his bike to the point of getting it dirty. :P I like the nice pink stand you have here. :thumb: Personally, I like the way I do it, I always try to stay in front so as to not get the bike or me dirty. :smirk:

Yes but I think this fellow actually rides his bike to the point of getting it dirty. :P I like the nice pink stand you have here. :thumb: Personally, I like the way I do it, I always try to stay in front so as to not get the bike or me dirty. :smirk:
Don't be bagging on the pink stand. I never said I rode and got my bikes dirty, but next time we ride together 530, you can try and stay out front..:devil:

Don't be bagging on the pink stand. I never said I rode and got my bikes dirty, but next time we ride together 530, you can try and stay out front..:devil:
Did you notice we did not ride together over Thanksgiving? :prof: And keep in mind, I said I try to stay in front. I must pick the proper group in order to do this. :thumb: Why do you think I ride with my son all the time. :lol:

Yes there are a few of you that will not ride with me. Trying to figure out what it is that I did to put me on this black list....:thinking:

maybe you didnt toy with them enough.... i know when im following you i keep up... till you stop playing :lol:

First of all, where have you been hiding? Oh, your bike is down.....
Simple green and a light abrasive will do wonders for the first layer, then you need to give it a little polish after so it seals the shine back in.
So, are you working on your bike yourself or getting help? I think the Manual I sent you will make you a mechanic with out the shade tree....

First of all, where have you been hiding? Oh, your bike is down.....
Simple green and a light abrasive will do wonders for the first layer, then you need to give it a little polish after so it seals the shine back in.
So, are you working on your bike yourself or getting help? I think the Manual I sent you will make you a mechanic with out the shade tree....

I haven't been hiding, just busy with work and my bro and I have been playing paintball the last few weekends (but don't tell my dirt bike, she doesn't know that :smirk: ) But I haven't been mainly riding cause my bike is down, but not for much longer! Should hopefully (fingers crossed) be ready to ride next weekend! :thumb: I'm not doing the rebuild myself, that would of been a disaster lol Big Dan has been gracious enough to walk me through everything. Last week we did the tear down, this week I purchased a Wiseco top end kit, new carb joint, grips and fuel lines and next week is the install! :banana:

Than we can set up another group ride! But this time I'm craving some desert!!!

Oh and what is up with that spider on your avatar? Gives me the creeps just looking at it! l:shocked: