250F How much can I get?

So after my last crash I'm thing about selling my bike since I won't be riding a over 2-3 months since I hit my head. I thinking about getting a 450 when I start riding again

So my question is how much I can get for my bike

Its a 2003 yz250f recently just rebuilt the rear shock, new plastics and graphics, rebuilt the top end along with new bottom end gears with only a few hours on it, never raced.

Could you guys give me a ball park price? And I will post pictures in a bit

So you crashed and ate shit so hard on a 250 that you lost your memory and can't ride for months.......and this means you need a bigger bike? Hate to sound like a dick but that just doesn't make sense in my mind

So you crashed and ate shit so hard on a 250 that you lost your memory and can't ride for months.......and this means you need a bigger bike? Hate to sound like a dick but that just doesn't make sense in my mind
I crashed on my friends two stroke 250. But I have been wanting a bigger bike cause I feel more comfortable on a 450 then my 250. But that's just a idea I might get another 250 or even not riding again for a few years! But idk what I wanna do lol

And your not sounding like a dick, I'm Not thinking correctly lately so by all means give your advice haha :)

I crashed on my friends two stroke 250. But I have been wanting a bigger bike cause I feel more comfortable on a 450 then my 250. But that's just a idea I might get another 250 or even not riding again for a few years! But idk what I wanna do lol
Oh ok, carry on then

And your not sounding like a dick, I'm Not thinking correctly lately so by all means give your advice haha :)
I understand your predicament, bikes are one thing that you should always be completely comfortable, and confident with. Nobody but you can make that decision. 2 strokes are much move wirey, unpredictable bikes. Seeing that you ride trails and assuming your a bigger buy all around, you would take most benefit from a 450, if you are most comfortable on one. When you do buy another bike, put money into a good suspension set up, or at least adjust it yourself, and your bike will feel most natural. Also, make sure you get the very best helmet you can possibly afford. If you damage your head once, take no risks again. Tell me if you need anymore help :thumb:

Thanks! I only weight about 160 so I'm not a "big" guy but I like the 450 since I ride mostly desert turning is easier, and I kinda like how the big weights more, and just the size. I will be getting a moto 9 helmet when time comes. I am scared riding again because I don't want to hit my head again so I won't be doing jumps that much but just cruise with the family for a few before I ride hard again.

Never going to touch a 2 stroke again lmao.

So anyone have an idea on how much I could get for my bike?

Peezy, if you're not thinking correctly, it's probably a good idea to not even thinking about throwing your leg over a bike for a while....:thumb:

Peezy, if you're not thinking correctly, it's probably a good idea to not even thinking about throwing your leg over a bike for a while....:thumb:
True that!!!!! But I meant thinking as in riding like I'm scared and not sure if I want to take the risk again but then again I love riding lol and don't want to fuk up my military career in the the future.

Thanks! I only weight about 160 so I'm not a "big" guy but I like the 450 since I ride mostly desert turning is easier, and I kinda like how the big weights more, and just the size. I will be getting a moto 9 helmet when time comes. I am scared riding again because I don't want to hit my head again so I won't be doing jumps that much but just cruise with the family for a few before I ride hard again.

Never going to touch a 2 stroke again lmao.

So anyone have an idea on how much I could get for my bike?
Do you have any pics? Sadly, not much, most guys are going for newer bikes no matter how mice it would be. I am guessing that you will land somewhere in the 1500$ range take or give. But I don't know my stuff as well some others around here. The moto 9 is a great helmet. You seem a little light for the bike, but if your tall and you like it I can't disagree :thumb: I wish you the very best of luck recovering from such a gnarley wreck. It happens to all of us sooner or later.
That's hard for any addict :thumb:

True that!!!!! But I meant thinking as in riding like I'm scared and not sure if I want to take the risk again but then again I love riding lol and don't want to fuk up my military career in the the future.
Oh for the record, riding should NEVER be uncomfortable or scary, you just have to tone it down a little maybe bud. That's all, if its something you love, never give it up :thumb: :hifive:

Oh for the record, riding should NEVER be uncomfortable or scary, you just have to tone it down a little maybe bud. That's all, if its something you love, never give it up :thumb: :hifive:
Im just scared to hit my head again. Cause hearing that hitting your head twice could be fatal....

I think I will be putting my bike up for like 2k and see what people offer. if i get a good price i will sell it. But yeah i really don't want to f my life up so i think i won't ride for a few months but wont ride hard for like a year :'(

On a 450 i like having the power and not having to always keep the momentum like on a 250. lol But we will see i might just end up getting a newer 250 who knows. in till then, lots of rest for the head and getting into shape once again ha

when the time comes to start riding again the 250f will help you get back into the groove better.
I love my 250r for desert racing, I tried a lot of newer bikes before I bought my honda, the suzuki was my favorite, but the rmz almost never pops up on the used market, the tied for 2nd choice was the 10+ yz250f and the 04-08 CRF250R, I couldn't afford the yz so I ended up with a crf and love it, just sayin maybe its not the displacement, but rather the age of the bike, twin chamber forks ftw!

James

Staff member
I'm Not thinking correctly lately so by all means give your advice haha :)
Then I'd suggest not making any big decisions.
Im just scared to hit my head again. Cause hearing that hitting your head twice could be fatal....
This is actually very rare and only happens if you don't let your brain fully heal before the next concussion.
I think I will be putting my bike up for like 2k and see what people offer. if i get a good price i will sell it. But yeah i really don't want to f my life up so i think i won't ride for a few months but wont ride hard for like a year :'(
I bought my 08 kx250f for $2k this spring. If you aren't in a hurry to move it, list it a tad high and wait it out, you can always lower it.

On a 450 i like having the power and not having to always keep the momentum like on a 250. lol But we will see i might just end up getting a newer 250 who knows. in till then, lots of rest for the head and getting into shape once again ha

If that was true I should be DEAD!, I have eleven (11) scars on my head from cracking it open since I was 4yo. Most stitches was 24 I think. Yah, I was a yard dart for many years. Last crack and stitch was about 20 years ago. OK let it rip, "That explains alot P841"....:busted: