How life does a 180 on you in 48 hrs

What a bunch of BS. How in the hell the legal system in this country can be so screwed up is beyond me.

2 days ago I was getting ready to purchase a 2008 KX 140 for my wife so that we could spend the summer riding. I seriously was planning on hitting the the track like 4 days a week. We had squirreled money away for a few months to buy her a bike so she should start riding with me. I was out in the garage getting the trailer ready to go ride the next day when some fat little tart lady came up and served me with papers that my crack head ex was filing suit against me for custody of my kids.

This is nothing but a total ****ing nuisance case. I've had custody of the kids since the divorce (more than 5 yrs) and during my time with them they've had nothing but straight A's in school and awards in every extracurricular activity they've done. Meanwhile, she's on probation for a 3 year suspended sentence for failure to support the kids, and has been investigated by child protective services for abuse. She remains delinquent on support by more than $10k, yet some how she's allowed to pay a a dirt bag attorney to harass me. WTF!

So riding is on hiatus for the time being while we get this mess sorted out, but I can promise you she's going to be sorry. Apparently she's never heard the saying, "let sleeping dogs lie."

i feel for ya. Been down a simalar path. All this will pass. Time has a way of making things right.

Don't let the bitch get you down!

Yep, ex-bitches & good times. I remember when I was served and was told to start paying child support. The only problem was, I already had the kids and was doing all the supporting anyway. It only cost me $500 to get it straightened out.:foul: Here's to drug addict ex's, and the f*cked up legal system.:cheers:

Damn, that sucks. I know it going to cost some coin, but get a good attorney and fight this. A buddy of mine was in a simaller situation, and he did nothing, thinking the courts will see that he is in the right. Guess you can figure that since he was an "evil" male and the f**k up of an ex was an "do no wrong" female, the court screwed him.
Fight it dude, a new bike is nice, the well being and piece of mind of your kids is way more important.
We're on your side.

Keep up the good fight and smack the bitch down in court. From your description I really doubt she has any chance. She must be a real piece of work if you got custody.

Well some good news in moving forward. Though it has taken a massive financial impact I was able to hire a pit bull of a lawyer who is not only getting the venue changed, but is counter filing and asking for a bunch of stuff against her as well. She also has a bunch of other unpaid stuff that we're asking for contempt charges on so hopefully she'll be in jail soon!

Well some good news in moving forward. Though it has taken a massive financial impact I was able to hire a pit bull of a lawyer who is not only getting the venue changed, but is counter filing and asking for a bunch of stuff against her as well. She also has a bunch of other unpaid stuff that we're asking for contempt charges on so hopefully she'll be in jail soon!

Things sounds positive for the time being. Keep us posted Ascend. :thumb:

Sweet! I love to hear stories like this where a lawyer actually makes headway on a man's case!