250F How does the 250F run?

So my boy says he thinks his new bike runs strange, like blubbering. :picard: I get on it and take it for a spin and I must admit it seems like it runs rich when cruising it. However, when you crank it on it takes off like a scalded cat. I can describe it like riding a 2 stroke, it babbles a bit until you whack it on. Is this the way they are supposed to run or is something perhaps in need of a jet or something? It starts up very easily all the time, idles fine and nothing appears to be wrong. My bike runs like a tractor at all rpm so it is hard to tell if something is wrong or right.

My sons 250f would gargle a bit but we switched to race gas and now it doesnt do it anymore. Also the 250F should be ran like a 125 2T.

My sons 250f would gargle a bit but we switched to race gas and now it doesnt do it anymore. Also the 250F should be ran like a 125 2T.
That is kind of what I was thinking as it runs great when on the gas, like the 2 strokes. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

they should be ridden like a 125 but they shouldn't run like one, they should provide crisp power and shouldn't blubber at lower rpm's, you should try a bit leaner on the jetting and go from there.

they should be ridden like a 125 but they shouldn't run like one, they should provide crisp power and shouldn't blubber at lower rpm's, you should try a bit leaner on the jetting and go from there.
It is very crisp in the power dept. It does not really blubber like too much fuel, just not like a steady lawnmower at lower throttle.

It is very crisp in the power dept. It does not really blubber like too much fuel, just not like a steady lawnmower at lower throttle.

dump a gallon of race gas in it and run it like its supposed to be ran for 30 mins +2 and lemme know :thumb:
after that clean the carb

James

Staff member
93 octane (pump gas) is more than enough for a stock compression bike.

I'd suggest starting by adjusting your fuel screw.

BTW has it always done this or did it just start running like this? If it just starting doing this there could be some dirt/crap in your carb. Otherwise it could be that it was never jetted for your altitude/riding conditions. :noidea:

93 octane (pump gas) is more than enough for a stock compression bike.

I'd suggest starting by adjusting your fuel screw.

BTW has it always done this or did it just start running like this? If it just starting doing this there could be some dirt/crap in your carb. Otherwise it could be that it was never jetted for your altitude/riding conditions. :noidea:
Only been out on it 3 times and it has always run this way. They guy I bought it from lived in the high desert so it was set up for that elevation and he was pretty meticulous about his bikes, etc. He used to own his own Mercedes shop and did most of the work him self. I may take apart the carb and give it a cleaning just to be on the safe side.

James

Staff member
Only been out on it 3 times and it has always run this way. They guy I bought it from lived in the high desert and he was pretty meticulous about his bikes, etc. He used to own his own Mercedes shop and did most of the work him self. I may take apart the carb and give it a cleaning just to be on the safe side.
How much of an altitude/temperature change are we talking about here?

No mention of adjusting the fuel screw, cleaning the apump nozzle, adjusting the apump linkage, jetting specs, etc???

Not sure how to help............