How do you take dents out of a 2stroke pipe?

Freezer method is probably the safest.

I recommend if you are going to torch it and pressurize it, fill the pipe with water 95%, then apply compressed air. The less compressed gasses in the pipe, the safer it will be.
Water does not compress, so it has no energy if the pipe were to burst.
Filled only with gas, the release of pressure would be violent. -BIG DAN:thumb:

:hail::clap::ride::thumb::prof:

The easiest solution is to hand it to someone else and pay the man!
I bought a supposed barely used Oem 89 CR250 FRONT PIPE with one dent from eBay USA somewhere called wapwallopen??? for my restoration and had to have 13 dents removed :banghead:
Steel pins wer. Welded onto the centre of each dent and under heat pulled out and the remaining Weld ground and sanded off, prep then paint then took the bike to a show and won an award so a little pay in the right pocket pays its way time and time again!

The easiest solution is to hand it to someone else and pay the man!
I bought a supposed barely used Oem 89 CR250 FRONT PIPE with one dent from eBay USA somewhere called wapwallopen??? for my restoration and had to have 13 dents removed :banghead:
Steel pins wer. Welded onto the centre of each dent and under heat pulled out and the remaining Weld ground and sanded off, prep then paint then took the bike to a show and won an award so a little pay in the right pocket pays its way time and time again!
Where's the fun in that?

haha, I will let you know if I get in a mood to pay someone what welding 13 pins onto a sheetmetal pipe and pull the dents out should cost on something that I am going to use as a rider. Restorations for me are different. Then you do as Red did and gladly pay it. We have split some and used body hammers for that though. Not for "riders" though. Forty minutes tops and one is ready to leave the shop and be back on the bike. Probably why I didnt try too many times to take dents out by the freeze method.

Last edited: