Hot Weather Gear???

What gear have you guys found that works well in hot weather?? I'm getting cooked riding this summer and would like to lessen the temp with some better vented gear. I have heard that the Moose Sahara Gear is awesome but I was wondering if there were any other models or brands that I should keep an eye out for?
Thanks a Ton for your input!

What gear have you guys found that works well in hot weather?? I'm getting cooked riding this summer and would like to lessen the temp with some better vented gear. I have heard that the Moose Sahara Gear is awesome but I was wondering if there were any other models or brands that I should keep an eye out for?
I have some old Fox 360 vented gear that I wear on the hot days. I still need to wear a compression shirt under the jersey to not chafe up on the chest protector..

im just now getting all my gear and it started at the begining of summer so i went with white bases stuff.
started with the pants cause they were on sale for 50 bucks. then month or so later i seen the jersey on sale for 12 bucks.
2009_No_Fear_Rogue_SE_Combo_White_Bandana.jpg

picked up the white fox airframe chest guard.
51H5T9xbRUL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

i also have a white camelback M.U.L.E NV
camelbak-mule-hydration-system-2010-32875-7247_medium.jpg

it might be harder to keep clean but i care more about stuff helping me stay cooler over how clean i look anyday

James

Staff member
I had a similar problem with the heat & humidity here in Indiana, until somebody suggested I try wearing a compression shirt. I ended up getting the sleeveless HeatGear T form Under Armour, :wow: hugh difference, it wicks the sweat away so that you feel cooler. I find it odd that adding a layer actually makes you feel cooler, but hey, it works. :thumb:

images

I "run" the Fox Airline series. Damn well ventilated. Being down here in South Texas I find it works pretty good.

I had a similar problem with the heat & humidity here in Indiana, until somebody suggested I try wearing a compression shirt. I ended up getting the sleeveless HeatGear T form Under Armour, :wow: hugh difference, it wicks the sweat away so that you feel cooler. I find it odd that adding a layer actually makes you feel cooler, but hey, it works. :thumb:

images
:thinking: May have to try one out James. However, I'm thinking it doesn't protect the ole clavicle bone too well. :smirk:

images

Being from the old school...shouldn't your sweat help cool you off? I know that wicking sweat off of you in the winrter is a good thing...:prof:

James

Staff member
Being from the old school...shouldn't your sweat help cool you off? I know that wicking sweat off of you in the winrter is a good thing...:prof:
The way I understand it is that "sweating" does cool you off, but after the sweat is on your skin, you'll want it to be wicked away as it's warm/hot.

The way I understand it is that "sweating" does cool you off, but after the sweat is on your skin, you'll want it to be wicked away as it's warm/hot.

Call me old then................................easy! That's old............ not dead.

Too bad they don't make the old school "jerseys" with the holes in them...they were a little on the rough side if you didn't wear a shirt underneath but cooler.

Under Armour is the best thing sense sliced bread. :thumb: They make you feel much cooler, I would recomend them for sure.:banana:

Edit: i wear the long sleeve enen in the scorching heat , but my belly always seems to push it up so i'm wearing a half shirt under my jersey.

Under Armour is the best thing sense sliced bread. :thumb: They make you feel much cooler, I would recomend them for sure.:banana:

Edit: i wear the long sleeve enen in the scorching heat , but my belly always seems to push it up so i'm wearing a half shirt under my jersey.

Also known as a "CROP TOP"................:P...:lol:...don't cha hate it when it keeps "ridin up" on ya??? :smirk:

Another vote for Moose Sahara gear. Buy them around December from Rocky Mountain's closeouts, about $75, but the popular sizes go fast.
Have heard good stuff about the Klim gear as well

I run the underarmor loose fit t-shirt. It messes me up because I'm never soaked in sweat, I'm hot, but don't have a cotton shirt sticking to me. I dunk my head in water, spill it all over me, and that shirt never sticks and makes me feel 20F cooler. That shit works! Don't buy it retail at $50, get it like I do at half price on Ebay delivered to your door with no tax!:banana: