Hot Start lever, button, switch ???

For the newer four strokes, when you kill it, and try to restart it hot, you pull the lever, and that allows more air into the intake, letting it start easier.

James

Staff member
It does what they said.

I couldn't find a picture of my setup, so I got one of the interwebsy, it's the little lever below the bars. I'll try to get a picture of mind to night.

hot start.jpg

For the newer four strokes, when you kill it, and try to restart it hot, you pull the lever, and that allows more air into the intake, letting it start easier.

What Timo said Rez - It's kind of like the opposite of "choking" a cold bike. :prof:

It does what they said.

I couldn't find a picture of my setup, so I got one of the interwebsy, it's the little lever below the bars. I'll try to get a picture of mind to night.

View attachment 79

NOW I know........thanks a lot, I appreciate it! My idea of a "cold start" is letting the bike sit for a few minutes while I enjoy a beverage....:devil:

Mine is a cold start. I pull it in when running through the kick to start when cold and it starts easier. No issues when hot, I just kick it like a girl and she fires right up..:thumb:

I have one on my bike and only have to use it when i am riding slow on a hot day, they can be nice to have cuz it helps it start on first kick intead of over and over again . :wiggle:

I have one on my bike and only have to use it when i am riding slow on a hot day, they can be nice to have cuz it helps it start on first kick intead of over and over again . :wiggle:

YOu mean I'm not the only one on here that still has to "kick" their bike.........?:banana:

mine is right by the clutch, part of the clutch perch, the perch for hs is to right of clutch perch, and the lever is above and (apparently not enough) just a tad to the right of clutch lever. 07wr250f

i just use it to sstart easy when hot

found a pic with hs lever ther by clutch. yes ill put on a new lever, im on the bottom of the totem pol when it comes to parts
004-2.jpg

mine is right by the clutch, part of the clutch perch, the perch for hs is to right of clutch perch, and the lever is above and (apparently not enough) just a tad to the right of clutch lever. 07wr250f

i just use it to sstart easy when hot

found a pic with hs lever ther by clutch. yes ill put on a new lever, im on the bottom of the totem pol when it comes to parts
004-2.jpg

Couple things....
1) I thought you had an automatic for a minute there........unless that little lever is your clutch and the HS lever is hiding....:smirk:
2) What's that foreign writing on your front fender?????

Good to see you're in good spirits after your clash with death (some places they call em trees!) :prof:..:thumb: