Hookit.com

Is it a good deal? it sure seams like you could save allot. like full acerbis gear sets for $99. possibilities for sponsorship discounts (if only i was fast enough for a sponsorship, lol) everything seems to be at a discount if you become an 'insider" for the company. so, is it a deal or a steal?

The best thing to do is send your resume in to companies. Hookit is kinda like a middle man. But Hookit is good if your just getting into racing and want some Sponsors.

I have a hookit page
Although it has saved me alot, I got my axo gear 50% cheaper than the rest of the population because of that sponsorship
besides, they companies like sunstar have a team that deals with hookit and at least the dudes at sunstar were really cool

Hey guys, I also have a page and have been on there forever since when it was SponsorHouse. Couple things:
1) It's free to sign up (they do have a premium package) but you can use everything for free to test it out. At a minimum it's great exposure for racers and a fun community for us riders
2) it's not a middle man - all companies use it directly as a way to make their lives easier. Hookit isn't in the middle of the relationship at all other than you're using their site to talk to brands
3) yes it's true that the better you get and the more solid results you have the better the deals get though 10-20% sounds a bit low. If you're just starting out, understand you have to start somewhere. One program I just joined is Spy Optic which only has 2 for 2011. Pro which is free (not me) and support which is 50% off. I'd check that out www.Hookit.com/members/spyoptic

Hope this helps

Hmph. I forgot I had one of those. I have an MXSponsor account that I made a while back too. It almost seems like they hand out "sponsorship" deals on there. Here's what I mean...

Sponsorcrap.jpg

And I assure you, I'm not that fast. Those are all anywhere from 20% to 50% off. So, they are pointless to me since I wouldn't need to bulk buy anything from them but about one or two things once a year. And I can do without the discount.

And with Hookit, same thing there. Apparently I'm sponsored by Factory Backing, Fluid, and Fuel. I don't even know what those last two companies are. :smirk:

V757b, there are two big differences. MXsponsor automates distributing 'sponsorships' for companies which is really lame. On Hookit.com you have to apply although brands can search and send you offers, but gets abused if brands are sending offers to people with blank profiles or clearly don't race. At the end of the day it only hurts the brands if they don't take their program seriously enough that they will devalue it by sending these offers out. It's also up to the riders to take it seriously too. Why would you accept deals with companies if you don't even know what they do? If you are serious you have 3 open doors to build a relationship with those companies for down the road.

V757b, there are two big differences. MXsponsor automates distributing 'sponsorships' for companies which is really lame. On Hookit.com you have to apply although brands can search and send you offers, but gets abused if brands are sending offers to people with blank profiles or clearly don't race. At the end of the day it only hurts the brands if they don't take their program seriously enough that they will devalue it by sending these offers out. It's also up to the riders to take it seriously too. Why would you accept deals with companies if you don't even know what they do? If you are serious you have 3 open doors to build a relationship with those companies for down the road.

I don't know why I accepted them. But I've also got two more offers. I rarely get on. Here's my profile with those 3 sponsors.:thinking:

http://www.hookit.com/members/v757b/