2 Stroke HONDA CR 125 1998

Hi, New to the forum picked up a cr last night as a non runner, there was no oil in it and it's kicks over fine it's getting fuel and a spark, if you hold the throttle back and kick it it will back fire.. Any advice thanks uploadfromtaptalk1399129825098.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399129835295.jpg

Welcome to the forum.... I read your other thread as well as this one. Unfortunately noting sounds good about this. That piston and Head look hammered. Almost as if a rod bearing took the easy way out.... I hope not and good luck. Post more info and pics when you get the chance. :cheers:

With the short top end life just replace the piston and rings. Splitting the cases is probably a good idea. The cranks don't last all that long either and it is a 16 year old bike.

I'd guess that the head damage was from some prior failure.

If you just want to ride it, go after the carb. Probably some gummed up fuel in the carb jets or passages. It always the first thing to look at in a bike that doesn't want to run.

Iv took the carb of and had a look all the screws are rounded but I will get them out with vice grips, it's going in on Tuesday to a garage, £35 to diagnose all problems which isn't bad, I will keep you all posted thanks for the quick reply