Hmmm....

Anybody know anything about this. :smirk: Posted by BB today.

There was a newer website (forum) that launched a promotion, asking its members to come to the big forums to spam the hell out of them to drive membership. When we got wind of the abuse (mostly pm's), we added the website to our filter list, so no matter where it's typed, the URL is automatically starred out. Nobody went into your pm's, it's done by the system automatically.

Imagine walking into someone's business and walking up to the visitors in their store or whatever and suggest that they leave to come to their store, site or whatever. Think the business owner might have issue w/ that? It's crap and underhanded. I could care less who wants to start their own site, but they need to grow on their own merits, not on the coat tails of others. The only people that would have issue with this are those that are looking to grow without paying their dues. I can say with conviction that we've NEVER pulled this type of crap, using someone else's site. It's chickenshit to not put too finer point on it. As the old saying goes, don't want nuthin, don't start nuthin'.

We do allow members to talk about other forums in the course of typical, discussion that doesn't involve some attachments to the purse strings of the site in question or are doing so b/c there is something in it for them. We think that's quite reasonable.

James??? :lol::lol::lol:

Ok - http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932465

Bottom line is it is their website, and they can do what they want.
Difference is, I can post a link to their website and DBA Admin hasn't blocked it with a spam filter.
And I don't remember DBA encouraging us to spam other websites. I pm'ed members I knew, thinking another website might be of interest to them.

ou are currently viewing our site as guest (aka lurker) which gives you limited access to most discussion threads and exclusive articles, as well as restricting your ability to use our powerful site search and other valuable resources. Joining our community is easy, fast and absolutely free, providing you full access to our extensive discussion thread archive, exclusive articles and special offers, as well as unlimited site searching, private messaging, virtual garage & more!
So, what are you waiting for? Join ThumperTalk now!
If you encounter any problems with the registration process or logging into your account, please visit our 24/7 help section.

this right here is also highly retarded... :picard:

bah humbug, i only referred 2 or 3 people from there that are good friends. MEH to them, meh to there adminstration and MEH to their type.

I do agree with some of this, but when someone goes on their site and purposely slams their site ON their site and says "hey come on over to DBA it is way better than TT and TT sucks" what do you expect to happen? I am sure if someone came on here and said " DBA sucks TT is way better come on over here" James wouldn't like that too much either.

If everyone would have just stayed friendly and simply mention there is another site that also has go info then this would have been okay...Now, I worry that if an admin is trolling here or I slip up and mention DBA over there that I too will get banned and I still have a good comradely there as well as here?

I do agree with some of this, but when someone goes on their site and purposely slams their site ON their site and says "hey come on over to DBA it is way better than TT and TT sucks" what do you expect to happen? I am sure if someone came on here and said " DBA sucks TT is way better come on over here" James wouldn't like that too much either.

If everyone would have just stayed friendly and simply mention there is another site that also has go info then this would have been okay...Now, I worry that if an admin is trolling here or I slip up and mention DBA over there that I too will get banned and I still have a good comradely there as well as here?

I think most people find out about other forums via word of mouth/pm. How else would a forum grow and share members :noidea: I learned of KTMTalk, ADV Rider, CRF's Only, Cafe Husky, and a few others while I was a member of Thumper Talk, all through pm's. I don't think DBA will ban me for mentioning these other forums at all. Everyone will find a forum that they like for various reasons. It could be ride reports, technical information, model specific info, or just because they have friends on a particular forum. I will leave it at that for now.

:cheers:

I don't know whether you were a member of TT or part of Team, but there are a few things you should know. Nobody EVER (and this comes straight from the horse's mouth) authorized or encouraged spamming of any kind from this site to TT. Secondly, there was a thread over on TT Team (maybe more than one) that was thrashing former TT team members (me and others) and DBA, FIRST, saying we were traitors, and we were not missed, blah, blah, blah:blah::blah:. Ok so if they at Team want to be babies, so be it. But the rest of this is all overblown. I personally think that the "B's", owners of TT, are very threatened by DBA and that is where the angst comes from.:prof: But what the hell do I know.:smirk:

Rant over.:rolleyes:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Everyday I thank the Lord I never became a Team Member.
I think I might have burnt the place down by now... -BIG DAN:thumb:

I don't know whether you were a member of TT or part of Team, but there are a few things you should know. Nobody EVER (and this comes straight from the horse's mouth) authorized or encouraged spamming of any kind from this site to TT. Secondly, there was a thread over on TT Team (maybe more than one) that was thrashing former TT team members (me and others) and DBA, FIRST, saying we were traitors, and we were not missed, blah, blah, blah:blah::blah:. Ok so if they at Team want to be babies, so be it. But the rest of this is all overblown. I personally think that the "B's", owners of TT, are very threatened by DBA and that is where the angst comes from.:prof: But what the hell do I know.:smirk:

Nope Geek, I didn't see any of it. If you were still members how can you be missed or be traitors for that matter. I mean, if you dis joined or was purposely slamming the site then I can see where they would have the right but if no one was then why would they call you traitors? I only heard of a few here saying they posted some snide remarks over there and got banned. I am just stating the fact that if there wasn't any slamming at all on either part than there wouldn't be an issue. I don't see James trying to scam money from anyone so why would he try stealing customers as the fore mentioned post suggested and no I am not a TTteam but am a member and I haven't bought a single TT logo or item and don't plan to. I am only a freebie kind of guy. I am still raising 2 kids and one adult, my 20yo still lives at home:lol: ,, paying to be a member on any site is just not one of my financial priority's right now. I like both sites and I am not playing favorites by any means.:thumb: I also have never chatted or conversed with the owners over there like I have here so I really can't form a opinion of them so I have no say as to how I think they feel. I do feel that James is a very fair guy am glad he is not banning anyone that is TT and I hate to see his site being treated like this over there. Question I have is,,,is all other sites banned over there and if not, you have to ask why is DBA? Was it something that someone said or did?:prof:

i agree with some of that but they really didn't have to be so harsh. 1st warning they could of just said "hey, will you please stop bagging on our website and saying it sucks because we never did anything to you." but instead they just banned people and said how bad they hate us and who we are.
Meh, assholes :finger:

Hold on there WG. You can't stereotype the whole Team TT.
RedRyno is the one who started that lame thread. He isn't even on there anymore since I think he finally figured out everybody was tired of his BS.
You guys can't let one guys BS ruin it for everybody. Nobody was trashing former Team TT members but him.
Timoyz even called him out over there. The general attitude is that you all are missed.
You guys can't come on here and say you didn't spam the hell out of everybody over there. :prof:
How do you think I heard about DBA? I received a pm at Thumpertalk, that's how.
I like you and rack and your guys' crew that's why I'm here.

Hold on there WG. You can't stereotype the whole Team TT.
RedRyno is the one who started that lame thread. He isn't even on there anymore since I think he finally figured out everybody was tired of his BS.
You guys can't let one guys BS ruin it for everybody. Nobody was trashing former Team TT members but him.
Timoyz even called him out over there. The general attitude is that you all are missed.
You guys can't come on here and say you didn't spam the hell out of everybody over there. :prof:
How do you think I heard about DBA? I received a pm at Thumpertalk, that's how.
I like you and rack and your guys' crew that's why I'm here.

When Thumpertalk went HUDDLER EVERYONE bailed and was looking for something familiar. Several found Dirt Bike Addicts to be the place.

My TT Team membership is paid up to December 2010, however I no longer have access to Thumpertalk. :rolleyes:

:cheers: