Hey CDA What's Up With This?

James

Staff member
That's a great series of photos.:thumb: I like the way he waves to the camera in the last shot. What comes to mind are the famous words of Pee Wee Herman ..." I meant to do that" :lol:
:noidea: It's CDA, would you expect anything less? :smirk:
I knew someone got pictures yesterday. My knee sure is not liking it today. I think I did it in.
So what's the verdict?

BTW just to clarify, that isn't really CDA in those photos. Since it's practically impossible to get a dirt nap photo of him, they have to be concocted. :P

:noidea: It's CDA, would you expect anything less? :smirk:

So what's the verdict?
I am always prepared for the shot, so I knew I better come up waving to my fans...:smirk:

As far as the end results...........possible torn MCL (Meniscus). I heard that geekster had it done and I did not want to feel left out. Plus Rack has been drilling me to go riding and I could not come up with anymore excuses so this was all I had left to get out of it....

James

Staff member
I am always prepared for the shot, so I knew I better come up waving to my fans...:smirk:

As far as the end results...........possible torn MCL (Meniscus). I heard that geekster had it done and I did not want to feel left out. Plus Rack has been drilling me to go riding and I could not come up with anymore excuses so this was all I had left to get out of it....
:naughty: You're going to have to do better then this. :P

That sucks, so is this going to be a season ender? :cripple:

So I cruised by my Sports doctor today and here is the verdict. First off, I need to apologize for my knee misinformation. The MCL is different than the Meniscus:prof: I have damaged my MCL on the upper side of the knee. This will heal on its own and will not require surgery:banana:. I have a cool knee brace with metal swivel side supports that I need to wear for the next couple weeks. In 2 weeks I go back and see him. If no improvement, then we MRI to see if the Meniscus is torn, which then would require surgery (same dealio Geekster had) :( Tugging, pulling and x-rays show that I have good knees. He did ask if I dislocated my right knee before since it is not centered. I have always had an issue with this knee when I waterski or sit too long. Turns out that I was born with an odd shaped knee cavity that pushes my knee cap off center. No big deal, just need to walk around the planes more on my long trips to China...

So looks promising. He did say that to completely heal the MCL takes up to 6 months :shocked:, but I can use it. So we will see what comes about over the next few weeks.

So I cruised by my Sports doctor today and here is the verdict. First off, I need to apologize for my knee misinformation. The MCL is different than the Meniscus:prof: I have damaged my MCL on the upper side of the knee. This will heal on its own and will not require surgery:banana:. I have a cool knee brace with metal swivel side supports that I need to wear for the next couple weeks. In 2 weeks I go back and see him. If no improvement, then we MRI to see if the Meniscus is torn, which then would require surgery (same dealio Geekster had) :( Tugging, pulling and x-rays show that I have good knees. He did ask if I dislocated my right knee before since it is not centered. I have always had an issue with this knee when I waterski or sit too long. Turns out that I was born with an odd shaped knee cavity that pushes my knee cap off center. No big deal, just need to walk around the planes more on my long trips to China...

So looks promising. He did say that to completely heal the MCL takes up to 6 months :shocked:, but I can use it. So we will see what comes about over the next few weeks.
Sounds like EXACTLY what happened to me. The MCL or Medial Collateral Ligament partial tear healed on its own in about 6 weeks. With the Meniscus, I did more harm than good waiting for it to heal on its own. I hope to God that is all that it is (MCL). Watch for "clicking" or "hanging up" when you walk and move. Keep us informed.
Good luck old man.:thumb:

James

Staff member
So are you off the bike for awhile or can you still do "easy" rides?
Watch for "clicking" or "hanging up" when you walk and move.
:confused: Wait knees aren't supposed to click and pop? :smirk: Mine still do, especially after getting up from sitting awhile. :foul:

What's that saying, "Objects at rest tend to stay at rest"? I think that applies to the human body as well. :noidea: