Hey Buck, Jackson, Bryce and other Outdoorsie types

View attachment 449View attachment 448View attachment 447View attachment 446View attachment 445
Just thought I'd share a couple of shots I got with the game camera. This is what I typically do with the big Northerns I catch.

pencil.png

Awesome Buck :thumb:

Ahhh, I remember the good old days when I knew how to post a picture.......

What do you call the first post :thinking: Oh wait, that eagle just flew onto the computer screen didnt it :picard:

What do you call the first post :thinking: Oh wait, that eagle just flew onto the computer screen didnt it :picard:

That took hours of setting up the game camera to get those shots Rack - then it took months of research to figure out how to post them and then the IT Nazis shut my account down......:cry:

That took hours of setting up the game camera to get those shots Rack - then it took months of research to figure out how to post them and then the IT Nazis shut my account down......:cry:

:thinking: more like 20 minutes of how to change a bmp to a jpeg in paint after you sent them from your home Mac. and save them to you work pc and then upload them. :lol:

Saturday night I had a couple of hours of daylight to burn, so I grabbed my canoe and went out to get something to eat. It has been warm and wet outside, so I made a side trip through my secret morel mushroom spot and scored big! I had so many, I had to use my shirt to carry them all.

If you never had these, they are a supreme delicacy, and if you can find them in a store, they are $25-$30 a pound. They are best lightly pan fried in butter and garlic, fresh picked wild ramps, and fresh wild chives. Cooked together and combined, I just eat them on crackers and revel in the flavor! Beer bottle is there for scale. These are monsters!
Food 003.jpg

Still had time to yank a nice dinner of jumbo bluegills and black crappies out of the lake! :thumb: Combined them with some sweet corn on the cob and yams roasted in the coals of the fire that night.
Food 004.jpg

I'm sure I can live very well off the land if I had too! It's delicious and fun!

I went out at 5:30am, and was back at the cabin cooking breakfast by 7:00am! :thumb: The food plots I planted last year are absolute magnets for birds! They love the buckwheat I put in!

I cleared spots on the property that were choked with 15 foot high junk. I took my old beast of a backhoe, "Big MF er" (look at boom!) out and laid waste to small 100ft square sections and fertilized and planted with good quality food plants for deer and turkey.
View attachment 2880

It's always important to remain hydrated during hard work, so frequent stops are always prudent!
View attachment 2881

This is a portion of the finished work on this plot about a week after planting. All my new food plots are lush and green now with clover, alfalfa, buckwheat, and several other perennials!
View attachment 2882

That's cheatin aint it......? :devil:...kinda like chummin...........

That's cheatin aint it......? :devil:...kinda like chummin...........

:lol: Cheating? No way! Ask any eastern woods hunter if this is "cheating" !!! :lol: It's improving your chances! And it's just a chance! People like me are responsible for the reintroduction and proliferation of species like the wild turkey that was, just 20 or so years ago, seldom seen! In the 60's deer were scarce in many areas of the eastern woods. Good management techniques and efforts by hunters like myself made them almost as prolific as they once were! I mowed down some junk and planted a haven for multiple species of game! I take only what I need, but, in turn provide habitat and food sources that insure the propagation of many more than I harvest! :thumb: Contrary to what you might think, hunters are responsible for the comeback of all game species through private efforts like mine, and increased revenues to state fish and wildlife funds. :thumb:

:lol: Cheating? No way! Ask any eastern woods hunter if this is "cheating" !!! :lol: It's improving your chances! And it's just a chance! People like me are responsible for the reintroduction and proliferation of species like the wild turkey that was, just 20 or so years ago, seldom seen! In the 60's deer were scarce in many areas of the eastern woods. Good management techniques and efforts by hunters like myself made them almost as prolific as they once were! I mowed down some junk and planted a haven for multiple species of game! I take only what I need, but, in turn provide habitat and food sources that insure the propagation of many more than I harvest! :thumb: Contrary to what you might think, hunters are responsible for the comeback of all game species through private efforts like mine, and increased revenues to state fish and wildlife funds. :thumb:

Fellow eastern woods hunter says....cheating! :P Just kidding! I might do a food plot this year for the hunting season. I will probably grow turnips and something else. What do you suggest?

:thumb: Buck. They say hunters are the "greenest" people on earth. I feel like I owe the earth, that's a reason I hunt. :ride:

Fellow eastern woods hunter says....cheating! :P Just kidding! I might do a food plot this year for the hunting season. I will probably grow turnips and something else. What do you suggest?

:thumb: Buck. They say hunters are the "greenest" people on earth. I feel like I owe the earth, that's a reason I hunt. :ride:

WE ARE the "greenest" people on earth! We are not detached city people with no concept of what really happens in a lush woods! (Or desert dwellers that have little or no game to hunt, hence the lack of understanding)

I have a really nice piece of land that is a spike into over 4000 acres of state game land. I got lucky when I bought it. So I have the opportunity to change what I own and experiment with the differences! It's cool as hell! So far, it's been fantastic! I'm not just attracting game to my property, they are proliferating and staying here! It's their home turf! For Ohio peeps, when's the last time you have seen Ruffed Grouse? Me? Every day! I won't shoot them as they are still too rare, but it is cool as F to see them! I do make every effort to kill their predators, and that makes a difference!

Plant your turnips if you have a big enough parcel and deep enough good soil to accommodate. I plant oats, buckwheat, sweat clover, and other commercially available perennial food sources. It really depends on your soil. Take a sample and have it analyzed. It's cheap. FERTILIZE! I lime the crap out my soil because it's acidic. Take the time to rake it in by hand! Grab some beers and make a day of it! :thumb: