Here I go again

I have Neuro endocrine carcinoid cancer. Its been in my arteries to my colon. Its in my liver now. Surgery again to get more out. Never have been sick. Get regular scans and it gets caught early. 530am tomorrow. Been home all weekend "cleaning out." Be back in a week.............I hope...........6-8 weeks total recovery time. Fortunately I have 8 weeks paid leave at work so all is good. Have not been riding much due to this, lack of energy for some time. Missing the spring rides in the Sierras and fishing for bass.

well we don't have any bass but if you get here between late june and mid august we can find lots of salmon. we can put you with some south san joaquin valley oil field trash and some baseball bums.

Made it back guys thx.

Got home Sun nite, 7 days in hosp. Surgery was supposed to be 6 hrs, took 10. Took the old tumor out and I didnt bleed this time. Then went to work on the liver. Split me from sternum to just above weiner, 50+ staples removed yesterday. Still have 3-4 spots to get off the front of the liver in just a couple more weeks. They now do it with a small hole and large needle. Go thru it and burn the tumor out with a microwave an a wand. I feel ok considering. Still not sick. But this time is much worse then the first time. Im older, they did more, etc. Surgeon said i will be more prone to a hernias now that the same spot has been cut twice. No riding for a few months.
modify_inline.gif

Made it back guys thx.

Got home Sun nite, 7 days in hosp. Surgery was supposed to be 6 hrs, took 10. Took the old tumor out and I didnt bleed this time. Then went to work on the liver. Split me from sternum to just above weiner, 50+ staples removed yesterday. Still have 3-4 spots to get off the front of the liver in just a couple more weeks. They now do it with a small hole and large needle. Go thru it and burn the tumor out with a microwave an a wand. I feel ok considering. Still not sick. But this time is much worse then the first time. Im older, they did more, etc. Surgeon said i will be more prone to a hernias now that the same spot has been cut twice. No riding for a few months.
modify_inline.gif

That's a tough one kid. Glad to hear everything went well. :cheers:

Made it back guys thx.

modify_inline.gif
:wave: How you doing Mike?

Well, summer is a good time to live under a cooler
Couldn't agree more Andy, I hate the heat :mad: and we don't even get hot here in Old Scotia:cool: Anything north of 25 dc and I'm heading for air con anywhere or 60 with the window down:panic:

Im just about healed up now. Going to Stanford on 7-5 for a special scan to light up whatever is left so they can go get it. Then back to work light duty on 7-6. Hope to be back to full duty (deputy sheriff) by the end of July. Ive been walking, getting out to visit and shop. Been fishing a couple of times and getting stronger. No bike riding til Thanksgiving this year, have to make sure it is all healed up before crashing or trying to pick it up on the side of a hill.

Obvs I'm no "Merican" but isn't that what thanks given is all about:noidea:
Riding can wait brutha, more important family going ons so:cheers: and glad to hear things are on the up'
Kick your own ass everyday til you reach your next goal and relax knowing you did your shit:thumb:
Peace out Mike hope all's well for you n yours:wave: