helping a buddy get a bike.

i have a yz250 03 and it runs like a champ there great bikes, just i hope your buddy understands that when ridding in the woods two strokes can be kinda difficult. :thinking: and for a beginner rider they can be frustrating and tiring.

got her running great, took her to the trail, just rips, then all the sudden stalling in low rpm and almost impossible to start, top end still amazing. clogged pilot jet, im sure!:shocked: It was an epic ride, cause it was dark when it clogged.... finding our way back was insane.

cleaned the carb, couldn't get her to start....checked the valve clearance(1st time ever) from what i could tell, they were in the recommended range.. pulled the plug, black. hmmmm

came back and worked on her a bit, wouldnt fire... cleaned the carb better, pulled the valve cover again and then put in a z50 spark plug(all i had) fired 1st kick!. auto decomp was stuck before, now working! got to get the right plug, and rejet again, time to go rip it up! brap! Thanks dad!

Sounds like a neglected bike. I'd go over everything.
i would not say neglected, as the oil was always changed, air filter was clean as can be, and valves were in spec, tires and brakes are perfect, plastic looks brand new, swingarm doesnt have a scratch on it, forks dont leak. the issue was, not all bols were checked to be tight, hence why part of the carb fell off. no idea what was up with the auto decomp, starts so easy now. going to get the right plug before I do anything else. Then adjust the fuel air and idle. that was a true cold start in the video too, sound is bad do to my cell phone lol.