HELP with rm 250 top end change difficulties

Hello,

I need some help determining what’s the right fix for this scratch I made in my cylinder wall when pulling my piston out for top end change.
One of the piston rings managed to bend out ward in the process and I have no idea how, but I just could manage to get to ring back to where I was and I had to hammer the piston out and put wd 40.
Can I fix it with emery cloth and scotch bright? Or is there someone I can send it to to that can work some kind of magic to fix it? Look for the fastest option available because I don’t like my bike sitting around useless. All input is appreciated! Thanks9089698B-C3C5-4F11-A213-A6EB89E1BF39.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello,

I need some help determining what’s the right fix for this scratch I made in my cylinder wall when pulling my piston out for top end change.
One of the piston rings managed to bend out ward in the process and I have no idea how, but I just could manage to get to ring back to where I was and I had to hammer the piston out and put wd 40.
Can I fix it with emery cloth and scotch bright? Or is there someone I can send it to to that can work some kind of magic to fix it? Look for the fastest option available because I don’t like my bike sitting around useless. All input is appreciated! ThanksView attachment 33175

howdy and welcome to the forum.
PowersealUSA in Phoenixville PA is the right place.
they have been plating cylinders for decades....40+years
They are the only ones that get my cylinders.

I agree that having the cylinder fixed is the best cure, but....The portion of the cylinder that is damaged never has the piston rings come in contact with it and thus there would be no loss of compression. You may want to sand and emery that are to make sure there are no sharp edges left and the put a new piston and rings in in to see if it will run ok. The issue will to see if the bad cylinder damages the piston skirt.

Paw Paw