250F Help With Camshaft Timing?

I have a 2007 YZ250F and I've had some issues starting it so I decided to check the valve clearances. Knowing me, I always have to mess something up, and indeed I did. The marks on the camshafts and on the flywheel were pretty self explanatory: line up the dots with the cylinder head on the cam sprockets while at the same time line up the I mark on the flywheel with the cover. Simple, right? Well apparently it has hotcams in it from the guy before and the intake cam has an adjustable sprocket. The dots on the cams were slightly off so I decided to take a shortcut and loosen these allen bolts and move the lobes instead of taking off the chain again. What i didn't realize was that these lobes have to be PERFECT. I figured I could just stare at the intake lobe and try and align it with the exhaust lobe with my eyes. I don't have any measuring tools and cant take it to a shop. It would make the most sense to slide the lobes back to where they were before by looking at the allen heads and moving them....but i forgot where it was at. Is there a factory setting that hotcams puts out there for this bike that when the marks are lined up the allen heads have to be slid to a certain side? Like the right, left, or middle? Here's some pics of the camshaft so you get an idea of what I'm talking about...2007 YZ250F hotcams intake camshaft.jpg2007 YZ250F hotcams intake camshaft 2.jpg

I can offer no help for this one but I am sure someone on here will be able to. Timoyz is the guru for Yamies and since his seems to be apart so often I bet he can offer up some info.

I've never had a Hot Cam. Like I've siad before, all my marks have always lined up exactly. With the adjustable cam gear, there has to be some way of degreeing it back to the correct position. Google that sumbish.:prof:

Contact Hot-Cams, they will give you all information to set it up correctly. I've used their cams for years, except in Honda's which is different from the Yami.....