Help! New rims or just Respoke?!?

The pics you posted of the back rim tell me zero. the other side of the wheel would only give me a better hint of what shape the spokes are in. if you have broken ones then you may benefit from replacing them all. if they are not broken, as in broken in two, I wonder what you think new spokes will do to straighten your wheel? IE in other words, a spoke that can be loosened or tightened will work for the intended purpose of truing and holding the rim true.

You may have to remove some spokes and measure them to make sure you are getting ones which will work. Pictures dont tell the full story and bad pictures don't even tell that much.

I think it is the best tact if you want to meet others in our riding world. Dick Mann mentioned that everyone is the same when they are falling. Clear as day I remember him saying "I forget your name whoever you are, but we are all the same when we are falling".

SRAD97750

Staff member
And it needs to be trued, yes. So now since I do not have the knowledge on how to tru a wheel myself and am just going to take it to a shop, all I need to know is what spokes to get for my rear wheel that I posted pictures of earlier. Because every shop I called wanted $75 for spokes and like I said before I cannot afford it.
I just replaced just my spokes on a very common motorcycle. Over $200 before all was said and done.
I think you may do better finding complete replacement used wheels. Might save you the headache.-BIG DAN:thumb:

Not yet unfortunately. The guy had to order the spokes so I have to wait for them to get here. Ill be riding it out in no time though. Just in time too, finally getting warm.