Help major dead spot!

Okay guys I need some thoughts. Its 10 degrees here and I let the bike warm up good before we left but it has a major dead spot when I hit the gas. I mean to the point the bike almost dies. It runs very well with the choke on. Thats your thoughts? Do I rejet for winter?

screw the air screw in and see what it does. If it doesn't fix it then yes go smaller on the pilot jet.

I'm not following you on this post Jackson? Agreed on the turning the Airscrew in (clockwise = richer slow circuit) but I don't understand the second part of your statement about going smaller on the Pilot which, in fact, would lean the Slow circuit even more? The cold temperature naturally creats a lean condition (more oxygen per volume) thus requiring more fuel to get to an optimal mixture. Am I missing something? :thumb:

4t turn in to go leaner.... 2t turn in to go richer

and cold air is denser then warm air, so the colder it gets the leaner your bike will, so your bike may run crisp at 60 but at 10 it simply will not start at all

screw the air screw in and see what it does. If it doesn't fix it then yes go smaller on the pilot jet.

I'm not following you on this post Jackson? Agreed on the turning the Airscrew in (clockwise = richer slow circuit) but I don't understand the second part of your statement about going smaller on the Pilot which, in fact, would lean the Slow circuit even more? The cold temperature naturally creats a lean condition (more oxygen per volume) thus requiring more fuel to get to an optimal mixture. Am I missing something? :thumb:

No, your right Edge, turning in the air screw richens by allowing less air into the system, same as pulling choke but going smaller on the pilot cuts the amount of fuel down there by leaning it again, duh on my part i meant the other way. The hole point of my post was to add more fuel and take away the air.

It used to be common practice to jet a bike everytime the temps changed or something like that... My dad used to do it for me per track and depending on the temps would adjust it through out the day to account for humidity and temps.

It used to be common practice to jet a bike everytime the temps changed or something like that... My dad used to do it for me per track and depending on the temps would adjust it through out the day to account for humidity and temps.

Hey man, I thought you would never show up... good to have you here.:thumb:

Thanks Jackson....
Nighthawk and few others were hounding me to get here so I decided I needed more forums to disrupt. Facebook keeps me busy with the honey's though. th_dogstylebanana096.gif