Help Deciding On Bike

WR250F, if you want an awesome reliable trail machine that will climb over anything, a WR is the way to go. I have the 450, and a friend of mine has a 250, whatever my 450 goes over the 250 follows. of course me and my 450 do it with more style :smirk:

WR250F, if you want an awesome reliable trail machine that will climb over anything, a WR is the way to go. I have the 450, and a friend of mine has a 250, whatever my 450 goes over the 250 follows. of course me and my 450 do it with more style :smirk:
Dont the older ones have valves that are adjusted by screws too?

Dont the older ones have valves that are adjusted by screws too?

Not sure, I havent had to touch mine yet. All I do is change oil, change tires, and clean the air filter... oh and make sure there is gas in it, thats important. But now you have me curious, time for a google search.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/valves.htm

Not sure what year it is, but this looks like your average valve adjustment.

On that note Mr. James06, if you do end up with a WR use this site to help you with mods and maintenance. If its older, and lets hope, its an unmodified virgin machine... this will help you to get the thing up and running like a proper bike.

Last edited:
there is a 2004 kdx 220 with an iffy rim on anchorage's craiglist that sounds like it needs plastic. i am betting it can be had for 800. not similar to the ktm 200 in anything other than engine displacement. both good if they are what you are looking for.