Helmet lights

so I'm trying to put lights on my helmet so I can ride trails at night, as of now Iv got a flash light zip ties to my visor. Iv seen a couple of light kits online from $100-200 and Iv also seen lights for like $30 on Amazon. Just wondering has anyone had any experience with these light, how do you like it. Is I worth spending all that money? And I for is appreciated.

I just bought one of those headband LED lights for about 9 bucks. It works awesome, is super bright, has 3 levels, low, high, and flasher, but the AAA batteries dont last very long. But it was 9 bucks. So 100-200 to me sounds kind of expensive. For that price I would probably look at wiring the bike for lights.
But if you're handy enough and dont want to spend 1-200 bucks, you could probably convert one of the LED headband things like I have to your helmet, but use a longer lasting power source. That is what I would do if I were to go with the helmet mounting idea.
Whatever you do, LED's draw less amperage, so go with them.
Unless you got the money for the online kits. If you do, then just buy one and go riding!

check out lead dog helmet lights. I know people who use them on "sleds". It is a way for them to check out the sides of the trail that the headlights don't let them see. It is way better than the headlight that came on my xr's if that means anything.

37218.jpg

2 wheels has been so busy trying to keep Anthony Weiner's gfs photo count up that he forgot you could take a picture without using a mirror!!

So I bought a pair of 2400 ea lumen (1 spot and 1 flood) Amazon $30 ish LED lights and made my own go pro mount out of ridgid plummers tape. Wrapped the metal around them with some velcro on the inside. All you can get from your local lowes/home depot. Welded tangs on for the go-pro mount interface.. Battery for each which I took the provided pouches and cut some slits into my back armor to mount them on. Been night riding for 4 years now and the lights work terrific.
IMG_1660.JPG IMG_1661.JPG IMG_1662.JPG

So I bought a pair of 2400 ea lumen (1 spot and 1 flood) Amazon $30 ish LED lights and made my own go pro mount out of ridgid plummers tape. Wrapped the metal around them with some velcro on the inside. All you can get from your local lowes/home depot. Welded tangs on for the go-pro mount interface.. Battery for each which I took the provided pouches and cut some slits into my back armor to mount them on. Been night riding for 4 years now and the lights work terrific.
View attachment 30175 View attachment 30176 View attachment 30177

How long do the batteries last?

Headband led's should be able to run off a D size battery for longer life , two or three should last a long time and can be taped together . Use longer wire for convienience .