Helmet Cam Race Drama

James

Staff member
Ok I couldn't hear the start very well. :noidea: But I'm guessing that Blue didn't like the fact that Yellow's bars were over his bars. I did hear that Blue has 2nd gate pick. did Yellow have first?

So Curtis are you saying that Yellow didn't have to move over or why are you on his side? Anybody know what the AMA rules on bike position at the gate are?

And I'm assuming that Yellow took out Blue at the start and then got DQ'd.

i dont know looks like the guy on yellow was being a douchebag. to me it looks like he was lined up a bit to the left of his gate. Also :lol: he got DQ'ed for doing someshady shit on the track i guess... couldnt tell because the cam was all muddy. but obviously officials thought so.

To me it seems like the guy on the Yamaha was looking for trouble. There were plenty of other gates open to the inside. It's not like it was a full gate. Then lol at 0:51 when he yells at his mom to get the owner.

The guy on the Suzuki was being a douche bag. Full gate or not you can't take up more than one gate. They aren't on four wheelers. Pick one or the other and if your in someone elses way MOVE. And then to railroad him in the first corner? The track officials were it wasn't me on the Yamaha. I would have ripped the guy off his bike after the moto.

Really Curt? siding with the suz guy?? Really?!

that was pretty crappy, i figure the gates are what? 40"? so a MX bike should fit in 1 lane just fine, the dude in the Suz just wanted to be an ass and not let someone take the gate inside of him

James

Staff member
To me it seems like the guy on the Yamaha was looking for trouble. There were plenty of other gates open to the inside. It's not like it was a full gate. Then lol at 0:51 when he yells at his mom to get the owner.
I'm sure there's more to this then what's in the video, but since I don't know that I'm just going by what I see. :noidea:

So I did look in the AMA Rulebook and this is the only thing I could find regarding starts.

The first applies more to the track though.
SECTION 1.3
C. Race Rules
9. Starts
b. At the starting line, the course must allow 1-meter
(3.2-feet) of starting space for each machine.​
SECTION 1.3
C. Race Rules
9. Starts
d. When a rider chooses their location on the starting
line, they may not change that position.​
So after you pick your gate you're kind of stuck unless the race official moves you. BTW I believe he was asking for the race official (who might also be the owner :noidea:) But yeah the whole start was a little childish, from both parties.

SECTION 1.3
C. Race Rules
13. A competitor who rides in a way that endangers officials,
other riders or the public will be subject to immediate
disqualification from the meet by the referee.​
The Yamaha guy went down twice, once at the start and again after he passed the Suzuki guy. Did he take him out both times? :noidea: If he did then I defiantly believe the official made the right call by DQing him.

i agree with that, though if the guy on the yammi would complain about there bars almost touching, he needs to grow a pair, its gonna be bar to bar all the way through anyhow, plus he was pravokingthe dude on the suki

SRAD97750

Staff member
The fellow on the yamaha went down twice on his own. Just too fast, loose soil. Then they EXCHANGED dirty passes. They are both a bunch of terds and the reason I don't ride MX anymore. Funny video though. Bunch of kids fighting over nothing. -BIG DAN:thumb:

The fellow on the yamaha went down twice on his own. Just too fast, loose soil. Then they EXCHANGED dirty passes. They are both a bunch of terds and the reason I don't ride MX anymore. Funny video though. Bunch of kids fighting over nothing. -BIG DAN:thumb:
That's why you don't ride MX anymore? The Riverside MX scene must be pretty rough. That doesn't happen at any of my local tracks.

James

Staff member
The fellow on the yamaha went down twice on his own. Just too fast, loose soil.
Were you there or how do you know that? I don't see a race official DQ somebody over a battle like that, there has to be more to it. Like the guy taking him out.
They are both a bunch of terds and the reason I don't ride MX anymore. Funny video though. Bunch of kids fighting over nothing. -BIG DAN:thumb:
Yup I agree.:thumb: The yamaha guy was being a little immature for pushing his bars into the other and saying something like "Oh hey bro, sorry didn't see your bike there". I would've politely asked him to move over and if he didn't, then I'd be a dick about.:rant:

SRAD97750

Staff member
The attitude of those who would make a big deal about something like this, is what turned me off to tracks/mxcrowd. Instead of saying, "hey, you mind moving over?" they just ram you from behind. WTF.
Also, having a career that supports your wife and kids, that cannot allow for a break or sprain, turns me off to MX.

Milestone is not that busy and I recommend it. Lots of cool tracks, lights and the MX mentality. -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Were you there or how do you know that?
I guess I thought I saw the front slide out more then it did. The second crash looks like he lost the front. I just figured the wide lens would have captured the parties involved. And I hardly see anyone close after the wipeouts. You're right though, no reason to DQ after a few hard passes. -BIG DAN:thumb: