Halloween Camping Trip 2010

Halloween week 3 days camping that turned into 4 days of riding....

First day we arrived at Logandale and quickly set up camp and got the kid on his bike...
25hfzfm.jpg

then we were off for the big boy ride...
:ride: :)
then camp beers and lots of wind that snaps 3 of my tent poles and a couple of PBK's... the wife and kids sleep in the truck and i throw the air mattress into the back of the truck and sleep under the stars.

then day 2 and more :ride: after a couple small rides i wanted to go play in the sand a little so i go out by myself but my camera is being recharged on the charger so i go without it. while out i find a few fun spots and think i should head back to get PBK and the camera. On my way back he is already heading to me. so i show him the spots and we play for a min and decide to go back to camp and get the camera. On the way back we are pretty much racing each other and we come up to a sandy corner.. it has a inside and a outside lane pretty much... i go inside and right as i look over i see pbk dig a front tire almost go over the bars and get bucked off. :foul:where is the camera when ya need it. so the next vid starts when i went back out by myself while PBK gained his composer and then went for another ride:P
then its back to camp and do some scavenging for left over fire wood.. we found 1 lonely create so this night we burn it...
2h87r6t.jpg

on the 3rd day first thing first was getting the training wheels of my sons bike and letting him go...
2ebajnq.jpg

he went.
lzec9.jpg

right over :lol:
he was fine tho and eventually started to get the hang of it but doesnt want to put his feet on the pegs....
11hxicy.jpg

then we were off for our last ride. decided to go in a direction we never gone before and ended up finding a quarry and a hill that had a sweet view.. my battery died before we got there :(
now its time to go :cry:
2944g3t.jpg

Then on our drive out we got a wave goodbye from the mt goats
14ujn12.jpg

msye85.jpg

both of us sore from riding 3 days and being out of shape (and PBK's dirt nap) we head back to PBK's house... then he get a call from his buddy asking to go ride... :clap: :ride: one more day of riding so we head out to Nelson the next day. The ride was fun and one section had the craziest downhill i personally have ever gone down. The vid doesn't do it justice at ALL!!! Sry PBK i was too far away when you were coming down the hill and didnt get ya.
watch
after that my bike was :cry:and now i hope i can rebuild my bike before T-day :(

SRAD97750

Staff member
Get that pig fixed!!!
I noticed how crazy that downhill was... Gnarly.
I have been watching your videos as you post them, AWESOME. GREAT RR. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Edit- Yay, post 100.

Thanks for shareing Trav.

This pic is cool. You don't see very many of these. But you here tails of them and they get riding areas closed for a bit for mating season in CA. Looks like theres plenty of em there. :smirk:

msye85.jpg

That was a kick ass camping trip and :ride: thx for comein out trav i had a blast!!:thumb: And that down hill was awsome!!! even if i did fall twice going down it.:lol: My bruse is likie four inces round from that last one.:rant:To bad Rack wasn't there with his trusty camera for my first dirtnap cuz i would like to see that one, think my ribbs are going to hurt for at least a month:cry:

Halloween week 3 days camping that turned into 4 days of riding....

First day we arrived at Logandale and quickly set up camp and got the kid on his bike...
25hfzfm.jpg

then we were off for the big boy ride...
:ride: :)
then camp beers and lots of wind that snaps 3 of my tent poles and a couple of PBK's... the wife and kids sleep in the truck and i throw the air mattress into the back of the truck and sleep under the stars.

then day 2 and more :ride: after a couple small rides i wanted to go play in the sand a little so i go out by myself but my camera is being recharged on the charger so i go without it. while out i find a few fun spots and think i should head back to get PBK and the camera. On my way back he is already heading to me. so i show him the spots and we play for a min and decide to go back to camp and get the camera. On the way back we are pretty much racing each other and we come up to a sandy corner.. it has a inside and a outside lane pretty much... i go inside and right as i look over i see pbk dig a front tire almost go over the bars and get bucked off. :foul:where is the camera when ya need it. so the next vid starts when i went back out by myself while PBK gained his composer and then went for another ride:P
then its back to camp and do some scavenging for left over fire wood.. we found 1 lonely create so this night we burn it...
2h87r6t.jpg

on the 3rd day first thing first was getting the training wheels of my sons bike and letting him go...
2ebajnq.jpg

he went.
lzec9.jpg

right over :lol:
he was fine tho and eventually started to get the hang of it but doesnt want to put his feet on the pegs....
11hxicy.jpg

then we were off for our last ride. decided to go in a direction we never gone before and ended up finding a quarry and a hill that had a sweet view.. my battery died before we got there :(
now its time to go :cry:
2944g3t.jpg

Then on our drive out we got a wave goodbye from the mt goats
14ujn12.jpg

msye85.jpg

both of us sore from riding 3 days and being out of shape (and PBK's dirt nap) we head back to PBK's house... then he get a call from his buddy asking to go ride... :clap: :ride: one more day of riding so we head out to Nelson the next day. The ride was fun and one section had the craziest downhill i personally have ever gone down. The vid doesn't do it justice at ALL!!! Sry PBK i was too far away when you were coming down the hill and didnt get ya.
watch
after that my bike was :cry:and now i hope i can rebuild my bike before T-day :(

I can appreciate how the camera does not do the hill justice. I love the part where I hear you say to PBK, "I thought you were going to do a weathergeek and slide down it" :lol: :lol: