All Halloween at Glamis

I was gonna go, but a 9hr+ drive to a place to ride when you can't ride just seems worthless to me.
And I really wanted to go this year to!:rant:Oh well I'll see yall out there next year I guess!:thumb:

I was gonna go, but a 9hr+ drive to a place to ride when you can't ride just seems worthless to me.
And I really wanted to go this year to!:rant:Oh well I'll see yall out there next year I guess!:thumb:
It's only a two and half hour drive for me and there is no way I would go if I couldn't ride.

Well for Halloween weekend it was actually pretty slow. There was one bad accident though. A rail rolled at the sand drags Saturday night right into the crowd. I believe that only the driver and his passenger were injured. And a Toyota Tacoma that got smashed pretty good.

Well for Halloween weekend it was actually pretty slow. There was one bad accident though. A rail rolled at the sand drags Saturday night right into the crowd. I believe that only the driver and his passenger were injured. And a Toyota Tacoma that got smashed pretty good.

glad none of the crowd got hurt. i been to many of sand drags out there on big weekends. i was coming back from vegas today and seen prolly 200 toy boxes with dumont stickers on em... maybe thats were the crowds are going these days

glad none of the crowd got hurt. i been to many of sand drags out there on big weekends. i was coming back from vegas today and seen prolly 200 toy boxes with dumont stickers on em... maybe thats were the crowds are going these days
I didn't even go to the drags. If you've seen one then you've seen them all. A guy with our group told me about it that night when he got back.

I think it being slower this year is just the economy being shitty. I doubt people are ditching Glamis to go to Dumont considering its so much smaller but I guess you never know.

I didn't even go to the drags. If you've seen one then you've seen them all. A guy with our group told me about it that night when he got back.

I think it being slower this year is just the economy being shitty. I doubt people are ditching Glamis to go to Dumont considering its so much smaller but I guess you never know.

when you see one set of tittys flapping in the wind on the back of a bike you want to see the rest :P... use to be a lot of that out there in the 90's .... i hope its still the same :P

ive never been to dumont... its a lot smaller huh?

when you see one set of tittys flapping in the wind on the back of a bike you want to see the rest :P... use to be a lot of that out there in the 90's .... i hope its still the same :P

ive never been to dumont... its a lot smaller huh?
The ass hole rangers right indecent exposure tickets now you don't get to see nipples like you used to. :rant:

Dumont is tiny compared to Glamis.

Dumont is 8150 acres.

Glamis (Imperial dunes) is 40 miles long by 5 miles wide. I couldn't find a the exact acreage but it is WAY bigger than Dumont. I did find a article saying that they reopened 40,000 acres of dunes at Glamis so that shows how much bigger it is.

Dumont is 8150 acres.

Glamis (Imperial dunes) is 40 miles long by 5 miles wide. I couldn't find a the exact acreage but it is WAY bigger than Dumont. I did find a article saying that they reopened 40,000 acres of dunes at Glamis so that shows how much bigger it is.

I have never been to Glamis, but it sounds like everyone pretty much gathers at one place.

You get huge groups at the Oldsmobile Hill on big weekends and at the drags but that is pretty much the same no matter which dunes you are at.
i hear it switched from competition hill to Olds... i did drive through there before last summer and was shocked to see how small competition hill is now.

i hear it switched from competition hill to Olds... i did drive through there before last summer and was shocked to see how small competition hill is now.
They close down comp hill on holiday weekends because its so close to the highway and easy to access that it get wild in a hurry. Which kind of works but just everybody drives over to olds anyway. Comp has changed quite a bit over the last several years. It's still just as tall but the top half kind of tapered off.