Grips

Guys,

Whats the latest and greatest method you guys use to help keep grips from twisting and sliding? I've used gas before which melts a little of the rubber onto the bars...haven't done that in a while. Needless to say you have to wait a while for it to evaporate...and melt! :prof:

REZ

James

Staff member
I've also heard of people using hairspray.

For myself I glue it with Pro Taper Grip Glue and tie it with wire. Am I over doing it, maybe. :P

James

Staff member
I use the Pro Taper Grip Glue also. No safety wire though. The glue by it's self works good for me.
At first I just used the grip glue, but after coming up short on the track and breaking the glues bond, I figured wire would be a good safety. :lol: Hence why it's called safety wire.

Yep..i guess grip glue cud help...cos almost everybody uses handle guards...and the grips wud not be able to come off..maybe a bit loose.

i have yet to change my grips on my dirt bike but back when i worked on BMX and mountain bikes i just used a little bit of my spit

Spraypaint for me and no saftey wire. Have never had an issue with grips moving around even when riding in wet conditions.

I've also heard of people using hairspray.

For myself I glue it with Pro Taper Grip Glue and tie it with wire. Am I over doing it, maybe. :P

Actually James, I used both since that was included however my left hand grip came loose at the end of the bars...maybe I ought to switch to a left handed throttle....:prof: :smirk: At least my bark busters will keep the grip from coming all the way off! :shocked: