Graphic crash picture aftermath and Video of Race

Some of you heard about my little crash and I just now got my head straithened out to post my story. I started off with a practice lap with no clutch first mile in and made it back slowly to truck to find I forgot to pack Mineral oil for clutch system, so Carol went running into town to get some and then I realized I had a hole in clutch line. almost stopped right there but Mikey my mechanic had some putty fix all so we decided to try a quick repair by wrapping putty around leaking line and bled clutch with Mineral oil. Figured I might get at least a lap in before I lost oil, and did not use clutch unless I had to behind stopped riders and occasional usage. Lasted the whole race even though I noticed seepage on starting line. Mikey and I also replaced David Rogers rear tube with a spare when he noticed he had a rear flat.
Got a good start (3rd in 1st corner) but let a few around me and ended up 7th into creek but gained 2 there and 1st lap was 5th and next 2 was 3rd until I hit corner 3 after scoring lane and high sided it. Knowing I was hurt I checked for blood and couldn't tell so after I think David Rogers and some one else got past me I jumped back up and finished race,
OK, so I guess I did the right thing by going to Hospital. The receptionist kinda freaked out when I walked in and showed her my neck and the DR said I'm not touching that, Im' calling in a Surgeon and came back in with his camera and asked if he could take a picture. Said he had worked there many years an had never seen any thing like that. I knew I was hurt but checked for bleeding when I went down and didn't see any so I got up and finished race. Then when I got back to truck I realized I was bleeding pretty good. EMT too good care of me and Hospital was AWESOME. Zack Neil was there too and seemed OK, but can't remember his crash, but remembered me. Was in 3rd place most of race until I crashed on last lap and ended up 5TH out of 20 C45 class.

Wow what happened? Puncture your upper body somehow?
I'm sure the bars are what got me. BROKE MY CHEST PROTECTOR and got a new one today I was using the inside corners because I had worn out knobby s and caught a rut I think, and bars twisted so fast that I was still leaning in and it caught me going over the bars. I was never in a lot of pain, went to work Monday and all week doing collision repair and I was sore as hell, but kept moving all week.
Got the stitches out today,6 days later and going to sweep round 2 this weekend instead of racing just to be safe. still get work average sweeping.
ride.gif