Got myself a street bike

She is a fun bike to ride, i've only put 5 miles on it since i don't have plates yet but i live on a very windy and hilly road. Hopefully getting plates and insurance tomorrow. Got myself a helmet for the street too. Tried to bring back the paint but its just too far gone. Here is some more pictures, i still am loving the looks of the thing and can't keep my eyes off of it. It has enough power to be fun but not enough to put you on your ass if you accidently tap the throttle wrong. Also handles pretty well to me but all i've ridden on the road is a cruiser besides this so :noidea:
Here is some better pics too

paint isn't as bad as I expected :thumb: LOOKS GREAT

Interceptor 500.:thumb: I rode one of those bikes once, From Havasu, AZ to Saugus, CA. about 300+ miles in the summer over 100 degrees. Just laid down on the tank and rested my feet on the rear turn lights.:ride:

I have just seen some people get messed up, leather work gloves or dirt gloves work :)

I even wear boots when I ride to work. For a long ride I've been known to wear my dirt boots and pants. Dirt gloves are better than nothing, but they will not save your hands when (not if) you go down. Going down on the street means usually higher speeds and abrasive pavement. I have a couple pairs of heavier street gloves. As soon as you can afford it pick up some kind of street jacket. I have two of the mesh ones with the removable liner and they are great. I'll even wear my old one when riding off road on a colder day.

If you look around you can usually find some good closeouts.

I don't care if you are going down the block, I always wear all my street gear. pavement hurts and leaves a mark no matter what speed you are going at.
Wanna buy me some? I just bought a bike, insureance, plates and a helmet. Give me a few days
That is all it takes is a few days to french kiss the asphalt.:prof:
I love the guys in Cali that ride sport bikes in Shorts, Tank Tops and Flip Flops.

Park the bike, get the gear, than ride and enjoy. I would hate to come on DBA and see pictures of your meaty skin all mixed with gravel, or worse....

I don't care if you are going down the block, I always wear all my street gear. pavement hurts and leaves a mark no matter what speed you are going at.
That is all it takes is a few days to french kiss the asphalt.:prof:
I love the guys in Cali that ride sport bikes in Shorts, Tank Tops and Flip Flops.

Park the bike, get the gear, than ride and enjoy. I would hate to come on DBA and see pictures of your meaty skin all mixed with gravel, or worse....

I've heard the process of removing the asphalt from your skin isn't much fun either... I was told a wire brush is involved, may not be the case all the time but I wouldn't want to take the chance. Nice bike, great on the insurance BUT you do need the gear! :thumb:

I've heard the process of removing the asphalt from your skin isn't much fun either... I was told a wire brush is involved, may not be the case all the time but I wouldn't want to take the chance. Nice bike, great on the insurance BUT you do need the gear! :thumb:
I was taken out at a GP at Willow Springs. Dirt Bike, but the start was on asphalt and just before it turned off the pavement and hit the dirt section a dude hit me from behind and took me out. I went down and got road rash on the elbow. After the race and bleeding all over myself and the bike, I hit the rescue 3 wagon to get it cleaned out. They were using some cleaning solvent and rinsing it out. I looked at the girl doing it and told her to poor a beer on there and wire brush that gravel out. :lol: I think her knees buckled a little bit before she caught her composure.:lol: She must of been a volunteer and not use to this...

I got taken out testing my scooter for a Friday Night MX at Corona Raceway back in the day. Plowed the street with my face, and yes, that's why I look like I do. But they used a tooth brush on my face to clean it up. Fast foward to 4 weeks later, and I notice a huge black head. After a little :poke:, out came a BB sized piece of asphalt. I never rode my dirt scooter on the street again.

I was taken out at a GP at Willow Springs. Dirt Bike, but the start was on asphalt and just before it turned off the pavement and hit the dirt section a dude hit me from behind and took me out. I went down and got road rash on the elbow. After the race and bleeding all over myself and the bike, I hit the rescue 3 wagon to get it cleaned out. They were using some cleaning solvent and rinsing it out. I looked at the girl doing it and told her to poor a beer on there and wire brush that gravel out. :lol: I think her knees buckled a little bit before she caught her composure.:lol:She must of been a volunteer and not use to this...

I got taken out testing my scooter for a Friday Night MX at Corona Raceway back in the day. Plowed the street with my face, and yes, that's why I look like I do. But they used a tooth brush on my face to clean it up. Fast foward to 4 weeks later, and I notice a huge black head. After a little :poke:, out came a BB sized piece of asphalt. I never rode my dirt scooter on the street again.

There... ya see, I wasn't dreaming this shizzle up. :prof: ... Us oldsters know that ALL youngsters feel they are invinsible however they don't call them "accidents" because theyr'e planned... you NEVER know when it's going to happen. For that matter, it may not even take another vehicle to cause a problem... :blah: :blah: :blah: ... OK, I'll step off of my soap box. :thumb:... BE careful otu there!

Like Timo I once received the toothbrush treatment on unfortunately more than one occasion. Most were from bicycles and not bikes. More speed only makes it worse. It's not fun.