gopro hero 2?

well ill buy the go pro. but with the likes of parts im going to have to buy on bulk..some sites iv seen will do free p&p when your spend over €100

Many years ago we lived in SEA. My mother-inlaw shipped us some OREO cookies that we could not get in country. It took a few weeks for the to clear customs and had a levy tax of $43 USD for importing them into the country. Most expensive cookies my kids have ever eaten. :lol:

The point of my story is - do you have to deal with the same type of levy/tax when you import something from the USA?

Many years ago we lived in SEA. My mother-inlaw shipped us some OREO cookies that we could not get in country. It took a few weeks for the to clear customs and had a levy tax of $43 USD for importing them into the country. Most expensive cookies my kids have ever eaten. :lol:

The point of my story is - do you have to deal with the same type of levy/tax when you import something from the USA?

depends on what the item is as different items have different duty rates. Duty can be anything from 0% to 13.5%. Then you add the vat on top of that which is 21%. Then add the customs handling fee imposed by the courier which varies from €5 up to i think €20 with some couriers.."that's a link i copied from a couple of years ago vat and taxes have gone trough the roof since""

Sounds like to me that it would be more expensive to have it purchased here in the US and then shipped to the UK. It may be more worth your while to just purchase it where your from.

As for the GoPro 2 Vs. the 3 or 3+. Honestly its going to depend on what your looking to do with it, and what options your looking for. If you just want to document your rides and save them for your own personal viewing and maybe putting them up on YouTube or some other social media. Then I would say thats the way to go. Now if your a budding photographer/videographer like like James. Then you may want to have the higher end stuff.

Now some food for thought. The GoPro company is developing equipment so quickly that whatever you choose to purchase will likely be obsolete with in 6 months time. Or even sooner. I say just go with the GoPro 2. Its easy to use and doesnt really require alot of extra accessorizes to get its full potential. I have just the GoPro HD Hero. And I think it works just fine. It produces a very nice video quality. Here is an example. Just be sure that when you go to watch the video you select the highest quality HD before viewing.

Sounds like to me that it would be more expensive to have it purchased here in the US and then shipped to the UK. It may be more worth your while to just purchase it where your from.

As for the GoPro 2 Vs. the 3 or 3+. Honestly its going to depend on what your looking to do with it, and what options your looking for. If you just want to document your rides and save them for your own personal viewing and maybe putting them up on YouTube or some other social media. Then I would say thats the way to go. Now if your a budding photographer/videographer like like James. Then you may want to have the higher end stuff.

Now some food for thought. The GoPro company is developing equipment so quickly that whatever you choose to purchase will likely be obsolete with in 6 months time. Or even sooner. I say just go with the GoPro 2. Its easy to use and doesnt really require alot of extra accessorizes to get its full potential. I have just the GoPro HD Hero. And I think it works just fine. It produces a very nice video quality. Here is an example. Just be sure that when you go to watch the video you select the highest quality HD before viewing.

thanks that post has been a great help :D

Well I was close. Forgive me for I am mostly Scott. Also that helps explain why all your money reference's were in Euro's which was really throwing me off. As I can almost get the pound and dollar amounts coverted in my head. Euro's make my head hurt.

Well I was close. Forgive me for I am mostly Scott. Also that helps explain why all your money reference's were in Euro's which was really throwing me off. As I can almost get the pound and dollar amounts coverted in my head. Euro's make my head hurt.

no prob...nice vid..cool spot to ride and its like just in your back yard...what size bikes are ye riding in the vid?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Looks like a direct GoPro knock off. I bet it has some of the same functions, but most likely is not anywhere near as user-friendly as a GoPro. -BIG DAN:thumb: