GoPro Battery BacPac

http://gopro.com/
adds 2x battery life.
acts as a separate battery charger (soab i just bought a 3rd party one not long ago) that can be charging a battery while not attached to the GoPro

i just picked mine up :rocker:

James

Staff member
:lol: Dang you beat me to it.

Here are some more details:

Don't forget to order through this link
:thumb:
www.gopro.com

top.3.jpg

The Battery BacPac works as both a charger for your spare HD HERO batteries and plugs into the back of the 1080p HD HERO camera to nearly double record times. Perfect for long duration time-lapse photo sessions, endurance motorsports racing or any application where you need up to 2X* the battery life.

howitworks.gif

Battery BacPac Features:
bullet.jpg
Attaches to the back of the 1080p HD HERO camera, allowing for up to 2X* extended record times
bullet.jpg
Plugs into any USB charging source to charge your spare HD HERO batteries. Charges 960p and 1080p HD HERO camera batteries.
bullet.jpg
Built in LED lights indicate battery power status.

What's included:
• 1 Battery BacPac
• 1-1100mAh Li-ion Battery
• 1 Waterproof Door for HD HERO housing
• 1 Skeleton Door for HD HERO housing
• 1 USB cable

* Actual battery life may vary.

right.2.jpg

James

Staff member
In america we demand choices. When given them, we can't make up our minds!!!
160+ menu items at Jack in the box... 160+!!! -BIG DAN:thumb:
:lol: Good point.

I don't plan on buying the battery BacPac right away (if ever), but when I do I'll need a case like Trav has. I guess you're right SRAD, there's to much crap. :bonk: :P

:prof: There's no such thing as to many options. :smirk:

This is just another reason the GoPro is superior. :thumb:

I have an older non-1080P camera. Which I lost. It sucked nads! Not only the fact that I lost it, but its choppy 480 30FPS! I want to get a new one in 1080!

There is no way I can wear the GoPro "Two slice Toaster" on the top of my helmet! Or anywhere else! I'm tall in the saddle, and the top of my helmet takes a beating from twigs and branches, since "trees" generally are the flora most prevalent out my way.

I'm looking at the VHoldr Contour HD 1080 if for no other reason, that it is not Two Slice Toaster on my head! It is a bullet shape and looks like it goes nicely on the side of the helmet. As a matter of fact, it looks so much less cumbersome than the GoToaster! (Ooo! I think I just renamed the GoPro!)

Tell me why the GoToaster should be my choice over the VHoldr if all I want to do is take riding and ski videos? I need convincing! If your argument is good enough, you have my business James through DBA.

:thinking:

I have an older non-1080P camera. Which I lost. It sucked nads! Not only the fact that I lost it, but its choppy 480 30FPS! I want to get a new one in 1080!

There is no way I can wear the GoPro "Two slice Toaster" on the top of my helmet! Or anywhere else! I'm tall in the saddle, and the top of my helmet takes a beating from twigs and branches, since "trees" generally are the flora most prevalent out my way.

I'm looking at the VHoldr Contour HD 1080 if for no other reason, that it is not Two Slice Toaster on my head! It is a bullet shape and looks like it goes nicely on the side of the helmet. As a matter of fact, it looks so much less cumbersome than the GoToaster! (Ooo! I think I just renamed the GoPro!)

Tell me why the GoToaster should be my choice over the VHoldr if all I want to do is take riding and ski videos? I need convincing! If your argument is good enough, you have my business James through DBA.

:thinking:

more options just in case you want to use for something else someday.
you can have a lcd to view when you get to the truck or to make a test video so that the orientation is correct
2x battery life
and you would be best off with the chest mount so you dont have to worry about it hitting trees

more options just in case you want to use for something else someday.
you can have a lcd to view when you get to the truck or to make a test video so that the orientation is correct
2x battery life
and you would be best off with the chest mount so you dont have to worry about it hitting trees

Not good enough! The battery life is just as good with the Vholdr. With accessory batteries.

A chest mount won't work as well a side mounted helmet cam, particularly when skiing! I have to say that a bullet style camera can be mounted in many different ways! More so than a GIANT Toaster on your choice of mounting options.

You still have to convince me to buy the GoToaster!

AND it is a two slice WalMart toaster, and it looks just that way! C'mon! Who can deny that!

Did anybody look at the Vholdr and compare against the GoToaster? It is the same quality video and audio!

Just saying James, I want to give you business, but I can't unless you can give me a better deal!

James

Staff member
Just saying James, I want to give you business, but I can't unless you can give me a better deal!
I'm not a GoPro rep, I'm just a guy who uses and likes his own GoPro helmet cam. And don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think it would matter what we say as it looks like you can't get past how the camera actually looks. :noidea: Don't buy it then.

Compare the two and pick one:
http://store.contour.com/contourhd-1080p-p7.aspx
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-helmet-hero-camera/

Just remember that the Contour isn't water/shockproof (only water resistant), which is one of the main reasons I got the GoPro, that and the insane amount of mounting options available. Plus as you can see with these recent threads, GoPro is actually going somewhere by creating these new add-ons.
the GoPro "Two slice Toaster"......Two Slice Toaster......the GoToaster!......the GoToaster

a GIANT Toaster.....the GoToaster.....the GoToaster?
:lol: You want to talk about ugly? Check out the Contour in it's waterproof case (extra cost).

waterproof_lores2.jpg

You know I have to agree with James. The Go Pro comes with options that the contour doesnt have. In my 1080p HD helmet kit I got 2 curved surface, mounts. Oh to heck with this.

You know what Buck Run. Purchase what ever the hell you think is correct for YOU. Really the rest of us could give two shits about what your opinion is on the toaster camera (I did think that was funny). I own one and I think its fantastic. Matter of fact all the Go Pro Helmet camera owners that I know LOVE it.

So nobody is going to even waste there time trying to convince you to purchase the Go Pro over the Contour HD or any other camera for that matter. Freaking BUCK UP and make your own damb decision.