Go Pro 3D HERO Expansion Kit

James

Staff member
Saw this on their website. :thinking: Very interesting, good thing I already have one of the 1080p HD ones. :P

GoPro:
Soon you'll be able to combine two HD HERO cameras in one housing with a synchronization cable to shoot full 1080p 3D video. All 1080p HD HERO cameras will be compatible with the 3D HERO Expansion kit.

Owning two 1080p HD HERO cameras makes more sense than ever before. Capture multiple angles at once using both as individual cameras or combine them with the 3D HERO Expansion Kit to shoot 1080p 3D video.

GoPro, bringing you the most versatile cameras in the world.™

James, out of curiosity, why did you chose the GoPro over the VHoldr? It seems like the GoPro is like wearing a toaster on your head vs a slim tube design of the VHoldr. They both produce good quality vids, huh?

IMO the gopro is more versatile ... better water proof and i think the quality of the Gopro is a little better with the file type it uses.

James

Staff member
James, out of curiosity, why did you chose the GoPro over the VHoldr? It seems like the GoPro is like wearing a toaster on your head vs a slim tube design of the VHoldr. They both produce good quality vids, huh?
Basically, IMO, the GoPro is superior in a couple ways:

• You can mount it almost ANYWHERE, the number of different mounting options for this system are insane.
  • Thanks to thecase (Which is replaceable), the GoPro has great durability. $20 for a new lens, $40 for the complete case.
  • Water/dust-proof, speaks for itself.
  • Multiple recording options; WVGA, 720p, 720p(60 fps), 960p, 1080p
  • Extra batteries are cheap and easy to swap out, plus they get approx. 2.5 hours. Which is about what a 16GB card holds at 720p, so swap both out at the same time.
  • LCD screen and extended battery BacPac's will be available soon.
  • 3D recording (topic of this thread) will also be available soon.
  • Plus they have amazing customer service, which IMO is as important as the product itself. :thumb:

3D is all a load of crap, because it's just a way to get you to buy a ton more ridiculously expensive useless junk you do not need

They tried playing that crap off on PC gamers and it failed horrendously, so they moved on to TV's and movies, but the prices did not change, even though these products have been out for several years now

EDIT: And they charge you to set the mo fo's up.... when there is littereally nothing you do to set them up,
plug in the tv
hook up all of the other electronics
turn on tv
put on glasses
DONE

All of that and they still have not made a pair of the 3D vision glasses that fit over normal glasses yet :foul: :foul:

:rant: over

James

Staff member
uuhh boy, what are you ranting about?

3D is all a load of crap, because it's just a way to get you to buy a ton more ridiculously expensive useless junk you do not need
umm, have you ever watched a 3D movie, it's actually pretty cool. And what "ridiculously expensive useless junk" do I have to buy?

EDIT: And they charge you to set the mo fo's up.... when there is littereally nothing you do to set them up,
:confused: Who's charging what to set something up? Didn't see anywhere about GoPro charging something extra, this thread is about the GoPro 3D camera........

All of that and they still have not made a pair of the 3D vision glasses that fit over normal glasses yet :foul: :foul:
I don't wear glasses so. :noidea:

uuhh boy, what are you ranting about?
3D and its stupidity

James:
umm, have you ever watched a 3D movie, it's actually pretty cool. And what "ridiculously expensive useless junk" do I have to buy?
yes i have, i was not impressed and got a huge headache from it

James:
:confused: Who's charging what to set something up? Didn't see anywhere about GoPro charging something extra, this thread is about the GoPro 3D camera........
Any electronics store that sells 3D viewing equipment... and it doesn't matter that it is go pro, you still need a 120hz monitor/TV and the stupid 3D glasses

James:
I don't wear glasses so. :noidea:
well good for you! :finger: :P

Edit: :picard: go pro is using the old crappy 3d where the separate the RGB and it doesn't even look 3D at all even with the glasses

James

Staff member
3D and its stupidity
So please tell me how 3D is stupid.
yes i have, i was not impressed and got a huge headache from it
:noidea: I guess everyone has different experiences.
Any electronics store that sells 3D viewing equipment... and it doesn't matter that it is go pro, you still need a 120hz monitor/TV and the stupid 3D glasses
So don't watch 3D, that way you don't have to buy the stuff. :thumb:
Edit: :picard: go pro is using the old crappy 3d where the separate the RGB and it doesn't even look 3D at all even with the glasses
Actually the GoPro has nothing to do with the finished video, that's up to whatever software you use. The GoPro just gives you to different videos (left & right views) so that you can do with it with what you please. Go to this video on youtube, click the 3D button, and select another 3D type.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7TArc0JynQ

santa is gonna bring me a extra battery a new housing and some new mounts for christmas... so i was looking on google for a way to charge the new battery without having to use the camera itself and i ran across this site....
http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/order-gopro-hero.html
:wow: not only do they sell exactly what i want but some of the other products they make are sweet.

the magnet mount could be really useful.
I dont have much use for it but the wifi memory card thing and the option to do unlimited space could be sweet for something like a security cam
extendable poles
the underwater flat lens
un mounts.... so you can attatch non gopro devices to gopro mounts

some real cool stuff on the site...some of it could be made by yourself really easy but i think i want to get the magnet mount and the battery charger .